Cleaning Glass Pipe and keeping the resin?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Mayotruck, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Real talk I know this sounds neandrotholic but use a bread twist tie, gently coaxes the resin off your glass ;) and smoke resin through a bong= filtered through water just like smoking weed. Resin through a pipe taste a bit worse imo

2. Best to use denatured Alcohol ... warm Alcohol on electric burner on low in a well ventilated area with pipe and bong parts in the alcohol ... alcohol will desolve resign and will remain behind after alcohol is gone ... use a non stick pan

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just buy more weed. And a heaver pipe as your every day smoker. You will ruin a nice thin pipe by using it everyday.

4. Isopropyl alcohol is your best bet. I'd get the strongest you can, I usually see 91% at Walmart. But the remaining % is just water, so it doesn't actually matter which you go with.

When cleaning bongs I like to add coarse or rock salt, makes it look like brand new, but with the bowl and down stem I just let them soak, make scrape a little; you can either drop the scraped resin in to the isopropyl or just set r to the side, up to you.

After that though, just let the isopropyl evaporate in a bowl, or plate (larger surface area, faster evaporation); you can apply some heat to accelerate it if you want, but not too much or you'll damage any THC remaining in your resin.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app