How much of an asshole was I?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mid man, Feb 8, 2016.

1. If the kid didnt have at least 5 bucks to give for gas money he is a lost cause. He didnt want to fork over money and failed a class because of it. Seems pretty clear were ops roomate priorities are.

2. I wouldn't say OP's an asshole because of this. Even though I think he should have given his mate fair warning the free ride's over, he helped him out way too many times to be an asshole. He's just feeling a bit guilty, which is a good sign. An asshole wouldn't have gave it a second thought.

3. assuming one side of the story in a few paragraphs is 100% true...

-Yuri

4. Regardless. I would have called a cab/uber/bused/ran/bike/hitch hike to get to my exam, its called being responsible and not being a suck.

Ops roomate failing his class its his own doing.

5. #45 BlazedGlory, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016

Well yeah, you should always have a backup plan for something as important as an exam. Even for all my exams in freakin' high school, I would be ready an hour early and have a backup plan in case, for instance, my truck didn't start.

It's called being an independent adult. It's also just good practice, because relying solely on other people for anything almost always results in a fuckup sooner or later.

Now, I also think the OP should do a better job in the future of communicating his issues with how his friend treats him. It's just bad social skills to not have the balls to stand up for yourself, let resentment build up, and then give the guy a big middle finger all at once like that.

Being assertive actually prevents these types of awkward situations by letting people know where they stand. And people worry that if they act assertive people won't like them, but the opposite is true, people DO respect AND like people who respect and assert themselves.

6. Idk. I still wouldn't want to be friend with the op.... he will lead you one forever then expload with anger and kick you to the curb when you need him....

-Yuri

7. I agree.

I just cant stand the blame someone else for my misfortune game. The new world we live in its always someone elses fault and nobody takes responsobility for their actions or lack their of.

8. I wonder how many people defending op saying "ditch the mooch" are voting for Bernie Sanders...

Lol Bern.

-Yuri

9. Maybe not, Yuri. We only know what happens when he gets fed up with playing the sucker. I bet if it was a normal friendship he would have gone out of his way to be helpful as he'd been doing. Still, it's good to know where you stand with people, especially when you're dependent on them.

10. Perhaps I'm being harsh but these guys are like out for blood and they don't even know the guy...

Its like "yea ditch the loser, he deserves what he gets"

I don't know many people who let people be their roommates if they don't at least have basic friendship and trust.

When I read through the ops story, it is not as though op warned his mate. He didn't say, hey man you gotta stop this mooching. He just kept leading him on like "yea I gotchu"... then one day when something really important comes up yes like yea, "fuck you".

-Yuri
    Can you imagine if a doctor treated you for free for a year, then out of nowhere you need surgery for a life threatening illness and he suddenly says, Naw fuck you mooch"

-Yuri

11. Fuck that guy. Drinkin your beer raping your car is unforgivable. Do you want me to blast him with my plasma rifle?

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

12. are you feelin the bern or what?

13. [​IMG]

14. 2/10 you helped him too much. 10 beers? Make him fail another class

15. a life threatening illness has absolutely zero to do with the OPs issue. He's sick of the guy, not sick and dying. That's not even a close comparison. Not everyone goes through life as a door mat like some if you do. There doesn't need to be any warnings. Get fed up, get it over with. Easy peasy. Go in with life and be happy

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. failing a class, perhaps not as severe as life threatening illness.

No its not completely different though. Its the same. Less severe but the ssame.

Op led him on, bottled it in, and then was like no fuck you, as though his friend was to blame.

-Yuri

17. Not the same. People dying is not the same as missing some school. You don't die if you miss school. That's a very far stretch. And you can be a push over if you want. That doesn't mean everyone has to. So don't get so bent out of shape over it. Must be a guy thing, you wouldn't understand I guess. We just don't like being walked on.

18. #58 killset, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    Op there's no rule saying you have to be nice to the guy. The dudes not being nice to you, no reason to be nice back. Move on about your life and let him grow up. You're not his parent. Its not your job to coddle him and look after his needs. If some people think that makes you an asshole so what? Let them be the push overs. Everyone has a point where they say fuck it. Mine would of been a long time ago, yours is now, others need trampled on a little more before reaching that point. You're fine bro. Forget about it.

19. He sounds like a pussy

20. You fucking heartless monster!