How much of an asshole was I?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mid man, Feb 8, 2016.

1. #21 killset, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    Sometimes you just got to be a bit of an asshole. This is one of those times. Can't let people walk all over you. He's a big boy let him take care of himself
    Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm kinda disappointed with these responses. They are so heartless. The op isn't talking about some hobo stranger. I assume they were friends no?

Its true 100% what you say. But would it not be better if there was a way to help the moochers not be moochers anymore without just saying fuck you your skrewed

-Yuri
    Afterall the op let himself get used. He is just as much at fault. So as punishment he fails a college class?

Mmmmk

Sounds petty to me

-Yuri

• Like Like x 2
  3. The trials and tribulations of a guy that cannot say "No."

Are you an asshole? Yes, to yourself.. If you feel owed, ask. If you do not want to, then do not.

Like fuck, at some point you gotta stop blaming the leech, its just trying to survive.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #24 King Willie, Feb 9, 2016

I won't deny I sound cold. But I'm only that way because of my past experiences with people and NOT wanting to be walked all over anymore because of my kindness. So yea, I'm a cold asshole because I have to be sometimes to protect myself. Yea, he was talking about a "friend".... I've had plenty of people I considered friends and even best friends betray me or use me. Don't matter if it's a stranger hobo or a "friend". The thing about betrayal is it always comes from a friend, not the stranger.

And yes, he let himself get used. And then he realized and decided he didn't want that anymore. So he cut the "user" out. Justified, don't care how cold it is of what resulted from OP not wanting to be used anymore. If this guy didn't have a steady ride and all that shit I don't think that's on OP for pulling out. The way I see it the guy was screwing himself the whole time.

I just really don't understand why OP has any obligation whatsoever to get this dude to class. Besides making himself feel better about it. That's the only way I could justify that. But personally, I wouldn't feel bad, sooo....

5. its not about obligation. Its simply doing the right thing....

He could have driven him to the final THEN cut him off....

-Yuri

• Like Like x 2
  6. #26 King Willie, Feb 9, 2016

I simply disagree. In previous posts you made it seem like he was obligated to, saying OP coulda helped with "a little sacrifice on his own part"... He already sacrificed enough.

And yea, he could have. But not doing so doesn't make him an asshole, in any way.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agreed.
    His roommate COULD'VE asked the day before. But he didn't. He waited till the last second.
    It's not OPs fault that he didn't have a backup plan.
    Or a plan in the first place.

8. I simply disagree :D

Op led his roommate on. Op is 100% aat fault for letting his roommate believe yje would be there fir him, then without warning kicking him to the curb. That's pretty fucked up.

Its not like he "had it coming"

Remember we only heard one side of the story, but even from that side it sounds fucked up.

Op literally said "OK ill help. OK. OK. Yes. Ok. Yes. Sure. OK."

He lead him on. Then when his final came up without warning he said, gtfo. His rroommate literally had no other option. Nor should he have tried to have another option. He was lead to believe he would be given a ride.

-Yuri

9. it kinda is. He enabled this bad behavior for a long time.

Like a girl leading a guy on forever then shooting him down

-Yuri

10. #30 CanadianOrganic, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    So he should never put his foot down because it may fuck the roommate over?
    He gave him a chance by asking for gas money, which buddy should've expected.
    Also, how do you know he didn't have other options? There are many. Cab, bus, another friend, bike.

Let's agree to disagree here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Forgot to quote you lmao

12. I actually didn't say that in fact I said the opposite. I said he should have put his foot down, I simply think the meathod was pretty fucked up
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >He gave him a chance by asking for gas money, which buddy should've expected.
    </blockquote>But if he didn't have it what was he supposed to do? He said he'd give it to him later. And op refused. Now or never
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >Also, how do you know he didn't have other options? There are many. Cab, bus, another friend, bike.

Let's agree to disagree here.
    </blockquote>
    I think you are being quick to jump on the bloodlust hearing only one side of the sstory.

I'm only arguing that there is a better way to handle the situation. A better way where both parties benefit. Do you really disagree with that?

Op is a bigger asshole than his moochers roommate IMO. No wait. Its not my opinion. Its just reality.

-Yuri

13. #33 Mid man, Feb 10, 2016

How do you quote? Quote isn't working for me

But Yeah I mean yurigadaisukida is acting like he has some sort of mental disorder that he doesn't know hes mooching and he can't help it. If it makes yurigadaisukida feel any better hes not even in school anymore

Asshole? Sure

Still deserved it

no regrets

I don't get how I'm a worse person though for getting mooched for hundreds of miles on my car and tons of gas.

Big deal so he failed a class. Expecting a ride off somebody who just told you they aren't giving you shit anymore is pretty fucking stupid IMO. I mean, I didn't even plan it, I saw an opportunity and took it. It's not like if he didn't have gas money he wasn't going to get to class.

It's like saying it's a girls fault for being raped because she was walking home in whorish clothing at 3 am alone. Sure, she wouldn't have gotten raped if she took a cab but you don't let the rapest go free because she was 'asking' for it do you?

• Like Like x 1
  14. #34 King Willie, Feb 10, 2016
    Agreed Canadian, let's agree to disagree.

And no, it IS your opinion, actually.

And Mid man I dunno wtf is up with quoting but you have to click the reply box at the bottom now before you press the quote button.

15. Its not opinion that there is always a solution that benefits all parties through diplomacy.... that's a fact old as language.

Op could have handled the situation in such a way where the guy didn't fail his class, became grateful, and stopped being a moocher. And this would have benefitted the op as well as he would have someone in his debt persay.

That's not an opinion dude.

-Yuri

16. I'm simply saying with a little charisma one can do a better job. Both parties can benefit.

Why is this so complicated?

You guys are acting like barbarians. Eye for an eye bullshit.

You act as though I've never been used before.... so arrogant. Try thinking outside the box a bit and swallowing that pride. Its everything wring with this world. Its shy we have Islamic terrorists blowing people up, and masses of people hating entire religions...

Its why.Hillary Clinton can convince millions of women in America, the number one nation in the world for women equality, that they are oppressed by man.pigs.

Its sick. You are all animals.

-Yuri

17. #37 King Willie, Feb 10, 2016
    It's your opinion that he is an asshole though.

In my opinion, he's not.

18. #38 King Willie, Feb 10, 2016
    And yes, OP could have gone a different route, you're right. But not doing so doesn't make him an asshole lol. I've had enough of this though I have nothing else to say on it. Guy isn't an asshole, that's it.

19. you only heard one side of the story.... fyi. And even his side sounds bad...

Sound like op was a drama.queen to me. Making it out like this Guy is a thief. Its not like he was stealing...

Op is an asshole

-Yuri
    Even the fact that op made this thread reveals his guilt

Op knows he should have made a better choice

-Yuri

20. That's what I'm saying he cost this kid thousands of dollars lol

• Like Like x 1