Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I need to stop smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mayhemtokes420, Feb 7, 2016.

1. I've been the typical "stoner" for about 4 years. This last year I've lost my job and my girlfriend of 6 years. I've been in denial saying, "It's not the weed, it's just me. I'm just a dull person." The other night I had a shocking revelation (while I was stoned, go figure) that I am fucking tired of being a stoner. I want a good job that that pays as good as my old job without worrying about a piss test, and I'm tired of sitting on the computer for 9 hours without feeling like I need to do something productive. I'm tired of hearing about everyone's success while I make excuses and sit in jealousy. Everyone is different with cannabis but I truly believe it's holding me back. I know people in college, with successful lives, and they smoke every once and awhile. These people are younger than me, and figuratively walking past me as I sit on the moving sidewalk of life. For 2 consecutive days (starting 4 days ago), I functioned just fine all day without smoking but when it was time to go to sleep, it would take up to 2 hours to get tired and fall asleep. Constantly hot/cold/hot/cold, not tired, mind racing.. So these last 2 nights I've smoked before bed and of course had less trouble sleeping. I feel like I've failed myself by craving smoking at night and I even caved and bought a pack of cigarettes (my last pack was over 2 months ago) to make up for not being able to smoke SOMETHING during the day. I know this is going to be a process but I need advice. I wish I could grow out of this naturally rather than it being a process.. I heard someone say something the other day and it is what started this whirlwind of confusion. "People who smoke weed on a daily basis never strive to achieve anything because nothing is as satisfying or as easy as the immediate satisfaction of the sweet ganj." That blew my fucking mind because it's 100% true for me and I never knew it until now. TL;DR: Am stoner, dont want. Like Weed. What do?

2. if you don't want to smoke weed anymore, my advice would be to stop smoking it

3. if it was that easy for me, I would not be posting here. Thanks for the reply.

4. You need a break. Don't blame Marijuana. Its your fault. Its hard to get ass off that couch

5. You're the only one who can decide to quite or not. If yours not ready yourself to quit no amount of advice will help. However if its hard for you to stop and you want too, any treatment facility will tell you people, places and things. Meaning anything that reminds you of cannabis must go. If you hang w/ people smoking it will be harder, if your around weed, pics of weed, places that remind you of weed, anything weed related goodbye

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Grinder12000, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    I've smoked weed for 45+ years (never cigs) and am now retired. Mayhemtokes420 - it is nice hearing someone here actually thinking this through and trying to figure things out. There is MUCH more to life then cannabis.

VERY true story - My best friend from 1st grade is 300% below poverty level and has smoked every day and has had a very unproductive life because instead of doing stuff he would get high which in itself is doing something. I wrote that BEFORE I saw the above quote (sorry - I was skimming your post).

With that said - who is to say if not for weed he would be an alcoholic.

I made the decision 20 years ago that I wanted weed in my life but I wanted to control it and not it control me. I don't smoke every day but 2-4 times a week.I don't get baked (normally) but have an attitude adjustment. I enjoy NOT being high at times and I had a pretty darn good successful life and am living the good life now (retirement with $$ is WAY WAY better then you can possibly imagine).

I think many "young" people are so into their life NOW they don't realize just how long their life will be and how awesome it is when they get older and have not screwed things up when they were under 30.

7. If it's causing these kinds of problems you need to stop and possibly get some help for your addiction issues.

8. wtf is a typical stoner?

🐜

9. if you begin to see it causing the slightest amount of problems then i would stop, it looks like you let it go on too long and now your in a tough situation. take a good few years break and when your ready to be responsible and have your shit sorted then go ahead.

i think he means a stereotypical stoner.

10. #10 wafdof, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    I grew up poor and quit for decades because I wanted more out of life than to be drunk or high all the time. Why even mention the poor part? Well because once you have lived in the ghetto (rough one in Memphis) and lived with no money on a regular basis then you know how bad things can get. I wanted out of there permanently. The weed may be a causal factor but as a previous post said its more up to you than any other outside influence. Ive known people that made pot their lives and they are still poor, most work for close to minimum wage if at all and we are all in our 50s. I'm retired living well in a middle class neighborhood. Tells me I made the right choice on top of having a bit of luck. Had I smoked while looking for a job I would still be in the ghetto. No doubt in my mind.

11. [​IMG]

12. Seriously OP life is what you do. When you choose to spend life in front of a screen having spent all your income on Marijuana and nachos, thats your life you chose. Decisions decisions decisions

I long time ago decided Im better off dressing and eating for comfort, not fashion nor health, grew a wild full beard. Im better off divorced, sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor, having meals at homeless soup kitchen and knowing I will never own a car or house or home (I rent). When I tell people that, they give me funny look. I do what I want

13. Dude...the tldr made me laugh my ass off...lol still laughing.

The Mole Hole

14. This thread is actually kind of inspiring. To hear stories from people that have been smoking weed for longer then I've been alive. That quote in the op is the game changer.

Here's my advice: If you don't want to do it anymore, then don't. Strive to be who you want to be and work your ass off to get there. Don't take no for an answer, remember nothing is unobtainable, and knowledge is power. No matter what you choose, be the best at it that you can possibly be.

Greatness is earned, not given. Best of luck in your endeavors, my friend.

The Mole Hole

• Like Like x 1
  15. Honestly man you need to organize yourself in lift. I'm only 19 and I do smoke weed, not very often, I go crazy ham when I have a week off college. I think you have to set your mind straight and go for what you want. I use to be an overweight kid and I changed went to getting fit. I was super bad in high school up until my junior year I changed and did good for those last two years. It's up to you to find your happiness and get yourself back on track, I started smoking weed last year more often and I was close to quitting college because I was just too damn lazy and unorganized and I fixed it by motivating myself to get my stuff straight. Now I'm on track and almost done with my dental assisting certificate, although I will miss the ganja :(. Anyways OP Goodluck we all know you can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Honestly it sounds like your situation is dire in the sense that you need to change your act around. I recommend quitting weed for 3 months, I believe that is more then enough time for anybody to clean them selves up, this will allow you to get a good job and start to become your old self without weed. I love weed but to much of a good thing is bad as everyone knows I recommend finding another thing to keep you busy that will also get you at a more sociable place then now, even if walking around or hiking is your go. After years of use of weed it may seem like your addicted but in reality you've become emotionally attached because when one thing is not their bud is. Go out and meet people that you share interests with to keep you on a good track. I wouldn't go to a bar seen but you catch my drift, and never put yourself down, but don't go out with high expectations, just live life day to day and start a good life for yourself so one day you can sit done and take a bong hit once you have done the hard work in the past. Life is hard and weed does make it better but the reality you can't have everything as easy when you smoke so putting it to the side is not a bad thing. You can become healthier also(not saying your fat), you will feel so much better after a month and hopefully a good job opportunity will come your way but if you have to take a shorty job til then.
    I wish you luck in 2016

17. This has to end something you really want to do. I quit cigs when my mom had lung cancer that was realmotivation

18. Good luck it idt,S DOABLEs

19. If you're a young guy and aren't making buckets of money then maybe it's time to come up with a better plan.

Taking a job that piss tests, and a girlfriend who hates weed will probably conflict with your decision to smoke. So that's not a very good plan. Get yourself some trade skills, it's nothing to be ashamed of, bought me a house in my 20's. Keep telling yourself that someday you will go back to college if it helps. You're not poor because you smoke weed, you're poor because you make bad decisions for yourself.

20. Make a list of all the things you've said you would do over the past couple of months and work at that. It will help you to focus on something other than smoking. It's good to have your goals clearly written out for you. That being said, it might be the sheer thought of not being able to smoke that's psyching you out! As long as you get about your business and keep your priorities straight there's nothing wrong with smoking after a long week or even occasionally day. Also, working out gives a great natural high and tires you out so you can fall asleep easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app