How big reservoir is needed in a DWC (Bubbleponics)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by RioBuzzCat, Feb 5, 2016.

1. i am buying materials to make a Bubbleponics system. i want do 1~2 plants in this system.
    how big should a reservoir needs to be? in another word, how much water should a always maintain in the reservoir?
    please concern the temp. factor.
    picture below is messured in "mm". is it big enough for me to load half tank water and run Bubbleponics?

Attached Files:

• 2311.JPG
      2311.JPG
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
  2. 25.4mm=1inch
    3.785L=1Gallon
    so the picture box inner size is about 18"*13.4"*12.4"
    if half loaded this box it should hold 6.5 Gallons of water. is it enough for 1-2plant with LED(actual 380W) & vent fan(520m3/hr)

3. [​IMG]
    like this: see below

4. It might be big enough, but the more volume, the more stable it will be. I hope this helps!

5. 460mm x 340mm x 315mm
    = 49.3 litres.
    You could run any amount of plants you want as long as they aren't too big. In my opinion 50 litres would be enough to supply plant(s) that fill out an area of up to about 3'x3'.

But forget the water pump and just fill the reservoir right up. Use an air pump(s) that push about 25-30 litres per minute in that size reservoir.

Does it have a lid?

Bigger bodies of water are more stable when it comes to ph, ppm, temperature, and oxygen content. Plus, you don't have to top it up so often. So if you can fit 2 reservoirs in your area, so you have 1 per plant it will be less work

6. I run 5gallons or 18l per plant, but I'm constantly topping up in late flower

7. thank you all For helping.i bought a similar one almost The same Shape and size with a lid For me to make a hole on It.

but why forget about The water pump? i thought top feeding (bubbleponics) is kind of cool and Bit more better than Just dwc... Please explain... is It Not worth to build a bubbleponics?

8. The water pump doesn't accomplish anything but warm the nutrient solution. Just keep the reservoir topped up and all the roots will be submerged. If you use a big enough pump there is no danger of the roots drowning.

If you only have the reservoir half full that's only 25 litres at most. So if you top up every 10 litres it means you will only have 15 litres in there at times and that really isn't much nutrient solution, it won't be very stable.

When my 4'x3' tents are full, the plants will use 10 litres per day. The bigger the reservoir the better. I use 70 litre reservoirs and brim them when I top up, and when the waterline drops 3" (30litres) I top up again

9. thankyou goldgrower.
    that explanation totally makes me change my mind about build a top Fed pump. i was worry about the heat that pump may produce anyway.
    Thanks. i will follow the direction to make things easier and more efficient.

10. Keep in mind root displacement during flowering, so the larger the better, what took 3-4 gallons during veg may only take 2 gallons because of root growth. I find the 5 gallons buckets ideal.