PAX2 vs Crafty

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Mo Sizlak, Feb 4, 2016.

1. I vape with a MFLB and I generally like it. There's a bit of a learning curve at first, but it works OK once you get a hold of it.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a PAX2, or maybe a Crafty. I know they are very different - one is combustion while one is convection. Does anyone out there have both? If so, which do you prefer? I'm guessing PAX2 wins for stealth/portability; while Crafty wins for taste. Is that true? If so, is the taste really that much better with the Crafty??

2. Ive tried both both are combustion and its "stated"crafty is a hybrid being both so I can only go by that. Between the two the vapor quality is better on crafty and the pax 2 is just a notch down in flavor. Personally i would do pax2 over crafty because of steatlh and reliability. Crafty breaks and falters far to much for the price tag. OPax also sports a nice 10 yr warranty vs crafties 2. Me personally i have the haze 3 "a true portable" where u can actually pack extra goodies 😊

3. I'm in the same situation as you. I've used MFLB less than a dozen times but didn't care for the weaker high. I want something that'll satisfy my desire to get a similar high to what smoking will give me. If anyone's got the Pax 2, please share.

4. I have the mighty and love it. Get the crafty and you won't go wrong. I just don't like the battery life that's why I got the mighty.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 C4S34C3, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    I have the mighty and love it. I got a whip attachment for it with a 18mm male joint I use with my rigs and bongs. Water cooled mighty hits will wreck you!!! And save the vaporized material to make killer canna butter. Here's a pic of the whip attachment ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455081301.173441.jpg

6. #6 reggie_watts, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    I'll put it this way...ever since I got my Crafty, I haven't touched my Pax 2.

The Crafty is on another level. It produces tastier, cooler vapor yet produces bigger clouds while using less herbs. It's MUCH easier to load the Crafty thanks to the "filling aid" that comes packaged with it, and you don't need to grind your herb down to a fine powder like you do with the Pax. It always feels like a chore to load the Pax, but the Crafty is a breeze.

The ONLY advantages of the Pax 2 are battery life, ease of cleaning, and heat-up time. Pax 2 lasts about 6-8 bowls, while Crafty lasts 3-4 bowls. Pax 2 is easier to clean simply because it has fewer parts, BUT it needs to be cleaned more often, while the Crafty only needs to be cleaned after 20 or more sessions. Pax 2 heats up in about 30 seconds, while the Crafty takes 1-2 minutes. This difference does not feel significant.

The Crafty is only slightly larger than Pax 2, so they're about equal in portability. These are both stealth vapes. (The Mighty is the less-stealthy version of the Crafty, but it has battery life on par with Pax 2.)

The Crafty is a BEAST of a session vaporizer. You can load it with a small amount of herb, pass it around a group of 3-6 people, and everyone will get multiple massive vapor clouds. Best of all, the draw resistance is minimal, so for people who like to smoke pipes or bongs, this will feel much more familiar.