humidity problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Poiison, Feb 4, 2016.

1. So i had started my first seed. everything is going good so far, she seems to be doing fine, but the humidity level in the room is fairly low, it goes from 23-35f. The room is not sealed. But before i had a great big bowl of water on the floor and i kept soaking cotton towels with water and hanging them around the small grow room. the humidity levels are almost the same from when i didn't have a bowl of water and wet cloths everywhere. I am most likely going to buy a humidifier for the room, but for now i was wondering if there were any more effective ways to humidify a room. It seems like the bowl of water and wet cloths do barely anything for the humidity level.

The room is not sealed, should i try sealing it to control the humidity easier?... anyones input is very welcomed, I can post pictures later if anyone is curious :p

2. I read on here somewhere that you can put a fan to blow air into that bowl of water u have u can raise the RH % curious if u have a propagator that might help control the humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I wish I could handle that...

Here my external humidity is about 82% and Im working hard to keep it under 60%

4. do you have a fan in there? If not I would suggest getting one. My humidity stays between 40-50 and temp between 74-78 day time and night time 70-74 pretty decent conditions as far as I have read and if you get a humidifier I wouldn't run it too much because you don't want any powdery mildew issues but good luck and happy growing

5. i dont have any small fans around, but i would try it if i did :p
    no fan, I do have a bigger fan but its lowest setting i think is too strong for it. Im thinking on getting a really small humidifier that holds like 1 litre or gallon lol.

Yeah its doing good right now, when it was a bit younger, the first set of leaves started to curl under. So i raised my light just a little bit and it went to normal. its KIND of an ideal setup, i just had to work with whatever i had. Ill post some pics here in a bit.

6. #7 Poiison, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="NSjX5">how do i post pictures lol</blockquote>

7. there u guys go lol, Ill try to take a picture a day and make a log out of it [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. I used flat bins with water, air stones, and cheap aquarium heaters. Fans help distribute the humidity evenly, circulation is important.

Humidifiers are the way to go but if you've got this stuff laying around anyway might as well give it a shot. I know I'm not the only one who has an aquarium, you notice how fast the water level drops during heating season and then the light bulb goes off in your head... :bongin:

9. I do think that too much heat and a low humidity can be source of problem like the leaves will have a higher tendencies to dry or to not have the right environement for prosperus photosentis.

10. #11 Poiison, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016

i like that idea thicken... how did it affect your humidity levels?

11. Unless it's a feminized seed, you might want to start another couple plants incase its a male.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Depends on how much you can control your ventilation, with low temps and a thermostat flicking my exhaust fan on and off I managed to get a 20% increase.

13. They're really young and at that point will be a bit more vulnerable to changes in or low humidities. Try putting a propagator lid over them for now or cut big plastic bottles in half and use them to cover them. It'll get nice n humid under there.

In the long run you should look into sealing the area which will cut down on dry air entering your grow space

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Yeah I might do that, how many do you think i can fit in the area its almost 3ft by 3ft maybe 2.5x2.5

I just picked up a 1 gallon cool mist humidifier, after running it for like 10 minutes on high setting the humidity rose almost 10%, I covered most of the walls i could with plastic sheet.

I think they are fine now with the humidifier, its starting its 3rd set of leaves now

Ill have some more pictures soon

15. How many plants fit in that area is up to the grower....could be 1 large plant....could be 10 small plants. Nobody grows exactly the same

16. id want them to be around 4-5 ft tall

17. 2nd pic is my humidifier lol [​IMG] last pic shows where i put the fan and the plastic i used to cover parts of the wall

I have also noticed small patches of moss growing on top of the soil. I think its due to over watering because one of my friends had said to water it once a day

Attached Files:

18. Height isn't the point. Every grower is different and bushes out plants differently. I could have a 5' tall plant that's half as wide as another 5' plant.

19. #20 killset, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Also you need to have large enough lights to penetrate 5' of plant material and fill the grow space in order to grow that large of plants and fill the tent. What kind/size led are you working with?