first grow,Cfls and bagseeds!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JASONs, Feb 4, 2016.

1. man thank you a ton, I really appreciate all the info and advice you have to share. I'm glad I found this grasscity forums. It's provided me with info on anything and everything envolved with cannabis. And all you people are awesome and I can't thank y'all enough. It's nice to meet some fellow people with the same interests on here. Here where I'm from and live I have no one to share my excitement and passion for growing cannibis besides my gf and really haha she could care less to .

2. Beefy stalks are great. My main is prob 1" and branches at least 1/4" plenty strong to hold up the big buds they have on em now. Silica helped as did the rest of my routine. Oscillating fan and silica will be best bet to add strong backbone and "foundation" for a strong plant

3. haha dude I've already read and gained tons of knowledge from your journal!!! I've been scouring all the best grow journals and all the best growers content on here finding all I can!! You guys been to good to me!

4. shit I like my stalks as beefy as possible!!!! Has to be strong enough to hold all the goods!!!!:))))))

5. and fans 24/7 haha my plants love the house box fan!!!

6. plants are doing good,LST is coming nicely I believe, one plant today showed female preflowers, fingers crossed but not exactly sure. It was put into flowering cycle tonight. The others are still growing! Watering tomorrow

Attached Files:

7. #47 JASONs, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    plant update!! Up from there nap!

Attached Files:

8. Hey nice little plants you got going... Is it just me or leafs are getting a slight curl ... From my knowledge leafs should be straight, firm and "looking" at light

[​IMG]

Maybe a bit over watered ... when do you water them?

9. the leaves are all suppose to be laying flat:( maybe little over watered. I water about every three days. I'm new to growing so it's not going a 100% and my light situation sucks so bad

10. Heat, over or under watered or stress from something else.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'll tag along for the ride. Looks good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. temps are never under 70 or above 83 thankfully. At first I over watered and caused a little brown on the roots but fixed that problem before the first transplant. I seen new nice white growing. Had troubles with the ph levels but getting hang of it now. Every day the plants get healthier I believe

13. Hell yea man welcome take a look at the pics and feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong or things that would help these babies!

14. #54 killset, Feb 17, 2016
    Might be stress from all the things you did to it. Have you been practicing LITFA and keeping your paws off it? I remember how it is to be a new grower, I was always in there messing with it. Plants really don't need mucked with that much. If your environment is in check, watering correctly, all that's really left is stressing the plant out with unnecessary attention like you were. I filled my SIPS last night, I highly doubt I'll even go into my grow for the next few days. In the warmer months I'm usually only home 1 day a week. If everything else is in check, I don't know what else it could be.

15. #55 killset, Feb 17, 2016
    What do you have going on for lights now? Might be related to that. Looks like you have enough light for about 1 plant and they're way to far away. CFLs are only good for a couple inches. Also where are you taking your temp readings at. Canopy level is what's important

16. dude I've been trying so hard to leave em the fuck alone but it hard! I haven't been trimming since last time and when you said something. I think they've only been watered twice to three times at most since I cut on em to. I'm trying to not stress em anymore. I think they're getting used to there environment and I added some more cfls today. I'm not sure if it's stressing them
    I did the heat under arm check and doesn't fill to hot. All the lights are 1 1/2 to 6 inches from the plants. Should I move em all back to like 4 to 6 inches. The upper leaves have taco'd before

17. I have 4 150 w 42 real watts each 3 100 w 23 real watts and three 75 w 20real watts and a 75w/17w t8 CFL. I figured I'd have more males than females so the number of plants will decrease soon as sex shows

18. #58 killset, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
    CFLs are only good for 2-3 inches tops. The ones 6 inches away are pretty much useless. CFLs drop off to fast, penetration is horrible. If you watered them 3 times since the last time we talked I can pretty much bet its over watering. That was only a few days ago. How are you checking to see if you're plants are ready for water? How are you watering? How much and how do you know when to stop? Do you leave water in the drip pan? I grow organically and keep my soil moist so I know having to go completly dry is a myth but it can't sit in mud either. Dry soil damages the micro organisms i work at developing. Just because the top is dry doesn't mean the plant is ready for a drink. Heat under arm check isn't good enough bro. That's subjective to the grower. All its good for is when its really hot if you don't know what to feel for. Plus CFLs have to be so close to be useful you can't really get your arm under there. What you think is 80° I might not and vice versa. Get a temp guage put it in the top of the canopy and see what the temp is. The upper leaves tacoing before only means there's been a problem before.

And LITFA LITFA LITFA bro. You have the rest of your life to grow don't let in consume you.....by the way LITFA other then your lighting issue that needs fixed. Doesn't matter if your going to throw plants away, right now you have several plants for a small light set up

19. #59 killset, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
    If your in there messing with them all the time you're stressing them all the time. I've been there. I would lst, think oh shit better do it this way, lst again, oh shit better do it another way. Wasn't very low stress because I never would let them rest

20. I know CFL's are tempting because they are cheap and you can buy them anywhere, but if you are in a growing situation where you can't remove heat so HID is out of the question I would seriously consider T5 Fluorescent. They come in 2ft and 4ft sizes. T5 2ft bulbs.

It is a bit of an investment, but the results will be WAY better then those CFL's. The 4ft setups are quite abit cheaper if you have the space. I know Killset can come across alittle harsh but he isn't wrong when it comes to leaving them alone. Plants aren't going to instantly react to changes you make so you won't know if you are actually correcting the problem or making it worse.
    WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! Watering schedules, heat: highs and lows, humidity: highs and lows, nutes used amounts, type strength. You have a timer screw up and lights stay off 2 hrs longer then scheduled. write it down. I bought whiteboard paint for my building and one whole wall is a giant whiteboard that everything is kept track on. This information is then transferred to documents on my computer for more permanent records.