Supercrop hermie

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Gerbergirth, Feb 4, 2016.

1. So I had a plant that I tried to supercrop just once branch as an experiment. Well needless to say that that one branch turned hermie really quick.

I am not sure why but it did. I think that maybe it was just too much stress with my scrog. I am posting this because 1. I couldnt find any posts about this being only one branch and 2 because knowledge is power.

Anyome else have this issue before?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes ! I did

3. Really? I have done LST(low dress training) many times, with hundreds of plants and never had that problem. Was it the main stalk because some times the male flowers only show on the main stalk early In a herm and late on side stalks. BTW super cropping refers to pinching the top off.

When I do LST I am very careful not to break the stem. I pinch the stem in many places breaking the inner cells and it should bend over without breaking or cracking.

4. Was it a seed or clone?

5. Im sorry man but thats 100% misinformation

LST is gently training your plant to grow horizontally rather than verticle by tieing down portions with string or stakes. Gently! Never breaking or pinching stems.

What you are reffering to by pinching and bending over the stems is a form of HST(high stress training) called supercropping which stresses the plant into releasing hormones that induce vigorous growth and form massive (knuckles) that are said to give a faster highway for nutes to travel up the stems whial also training the plant to grow horizontally.

Pinching the top off is known as topping a very common practice

• Like Like x 1
  6. May I ask how your plants turned out during harvest? Where the seeds bare-able and did it affect bud quality for you?

I’ve got 4 herms on my hands as well that I’m not to pleased about. Producing gorgeous buds but day by day, they grow more and more seeds.
    I have a couple photos of my s(h)it-uation if you want to check it out mate.

The Hermaphrodite Grow