Question about cleaning the Pax 1

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by darthawesome, Feb 3, 2016.

1. How clean do you keep your Pax? I've been vaping hash in it and now the oven is a little bit gunky even though I've already cleaned it thoroughly. I've always cleaned my pax until it looks like new again but I'm not sure that's possible this time. Does your pax oven stay looking newish or is a tiny bit of gunk ok?

2. You can't expect it to stay looking 100% new, it's mainly about function rather than appearance. I loved my pax 1 for the year or so I used it and my rule of thumb was to clean it any time it got harder to pull on. My cleaning mainly centered around the airway rather than the oven but I kept the oven and mouthpiece reasonably clean as well.

Don't sweat the small bits if they don't affect your use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mine doesn't look nearly as clean and it still keeps on working. I just made sure the mouthpiece on-off switch was clean and lubed. It's tough when you're out in public and it won't turn off!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your cleaning job looks fine. As already mentioned, it's not going to look 100% new.

5. Your oven looks great dude, mine is similar and I use it frequently ( two battery charges per day).

I clean mine out once it's hard to get a draw from, it tastes burnt or smokey, or the mouthpiece doesn't stay lubricated. After each bowl, I dump out the ABV while it's still hot so it isn't as likely to stick in, as well as scratch out the leftover chunks in the oven using a toothpick or piece of wire.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Just for kicks since we're all just making it up as we go along....

This is how I clean mine:
    1. I scrape all the matter from the oven/door using a toothpick or plastic pokey item, never metal.
    2. I dip q-tips in 91% alcohol and clean the door and oven area thoroughly.
    3. I may or may not replace the 'filter'. I've got extras, some new some not. I may remove it carefully and soak it and clean it thoroughly. While I own extras, I've never tossed one out. I just clean and recycle them.
    3. I take a pipe cleaner, again dip it in 91%, then run it through the hole/tunnel thing from the oven to the mouthpiece. I'll run a pipe cleaner through a few times, and usually end up using 3-4 of them. I do it until one comes back pretty clean.
    4. I use 91% on a q-tip to clean the mouthpiece area and the stem on it.
    5. I run another pipe cleaner with 91% through the mouthpiece,1 usually works fine.
    6. Lube the mouthpiece stem with veg glycerine or whatever it is
    7. Set it aside for the alcohol to come off.
    8. Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  7. This pretty much nails it. Instead of waiting for the alcohol to evaporate, I heat mine up on the hottest setting and gently blow through the mouthpiece until there is no alcohol vapor coming out.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1