When to harvest

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by atalkingowl, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Hello gentleman. I'm getting so excited about to harvest my first grow and the girls are looking soooo good. I just need to share their progress with people. General pre harvest photos are encouraged to be posted!

2. This is my special kush #1 she's a seedling and this is gonna be one hell of a cola
    Swiss cheese is my biggest plant with a bunch of nugs looking like this

Attached Files:

3. Mobile. Only pics I can see are your Swiss Cheese pics.

4. Here my latest harvest shot, generally wait until all pistols have receeded and turn orange and the calyx's have swollen and most strains will form some kind of nub like foxtails on the main buds. Then get a jewelers loop or 60x pocket microscope and check trichs they should be white with anywhere from 5 -50% amber depending how strong you want it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Beautiful

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. She's really starting to put on the weight I had to tape her down so she wouldn't fall

Attached Files:

7. once the pistils have retracted in and gone brown and all the trichs are cloudy or the 5-50% amber are all ready what is your next step?? ill stick up some pics in an hr or so im at that stage on my first grow any help and tips/advice would be great im not 100% on this flushing thing when to start how long for or if your opinions are even to do it all all :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I run hydro but I start to flush when about half the pistols are receded, in soil I'd start just when they start to turn but don't run 10x the amount of water you need through it just give it regular watering of plain pH'd water for 2-3 weeks before harvest.

9. Yeah so I'm wondering when I should just start running plain water

10. Great job, they look very nice.
    They look 7-8 weeks
    I would keep feeding and let them swell.
    A scope really helps determine ripeness.
    I have amber starting to appear and i cut the food for 3 plants. Flowering day 84
    Here's some pics of the Soon to be harvested or partial harvest to let the rest ripen up.

Others will get a light snack until next week and I'll assess from there.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. just to confirm when you put them in the dark is this just before you actually chop them down and after you have flushed them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Last hair cut before harvest!

Attached Files:

13. Swiss cheese

Attached Files:

14. I'm so freaking impatient I want to chop her down already

15. Man, the second pic down, omg! That's one sexy lady!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Alright so I'm new to growing this is my first harvest I need to know when to harvest so I came to the forums looking to get some good opinions from you guys alright, here's what I got. It's unknown bagseed strain(since first grow no use wasting on great seeds off the bat. Rooms around 75°f with lights off 80°f,12/12 photo period averaged around 45% humidity rose to 55% for unknown reason maybe you guys can help. Systems fed with aquaponics, with 8 fish and algae clean tank. Basically trying to get a good idea on when to harvest. 1454818706883.jpg 1454818773665.jpg 1454818886561.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Hello guys

Attached Files:

18. Those are some beautiful plants my friend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app