American Truck Simulator

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by AZMMJ85, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ATS was just released today on Steam for $20. I decided to pick it up as I have Track IR from my flight simulators. Unfortunately I don't have a steering wheel with peddles and stick. Soon though!

Game is pretty fun so far. Only let down is the fact that only two states are available right now. California and Nevada. More states are coming though!

Squirrel has a pretty good review of the game.

2. I assume its like that goat simulator game, you just dont see the appeal until you start playing it.

Ive read a few threads on reddit of people that got so into this game they ended up becoming truck drivers irl.

3. That game is boring. Hinge, drive on time, unhinge

4. Well I used to be a real over the road long haul trucker, so maybe this game applies to me more than others.

5. Nailed it. I never saw the appeal until I actually sat down and played Euro Truck Sim 2. I even went in thinking that it would be a waste of time. Ended up checking the clock 6 hours later and realizing I hadn't taken a single break. There's something oddly relaxing about driving past all this beautiful scenery, listening to radio stations like a real truck driver.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Game looks pretty good in 1444p with scaling set to 400% and everything else maxed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I'm a big fan of the ETS/ATS games.

[​IMG]

This is my peter.

Have you noticed the game isn't optimized well? I have my stuff maxed out and at 400% scale as well and I get some serious FPS drops. I'm using a GTX 980 so a game like that shouldn't max it out.

8. I don't think the game supports SLi. With my dual 980ti's I am getting around 60 FPS, 40-50 in populated areas.

Have to remember this game runs on Direct X 9.

9. Those screens are beautiful. I can't wait to pick this up. I'm just a little worried about the limited content with the base game. I kind of want to see how they plan to do DLC first.

If they're selling states individually, I may just wait until it ends up in a bundle. If they're selling states in packs. I'll probably pick it up soon.

Have you guys heard anything about their DLC plans?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 AZMMJ85, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    All I know is Arizona is set to come out soon as free DLC soon. From what I heard after that, they will be charging for more states. I can kind of see why though, as placing all those objects and creating the world is not a small task.

Though at the same time I hope they don't nickel and dime us to death.

11. Decent game, but the sound quality is pretty terrible for the trucks and the scale so far leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe I've just gone to California too much, but they have mountains in that state...Not hills. And then there are some roads that simply don't exist that are overly complicated just for the sake of it, don't get me wrong though, really good game and at a killer price. It will get better, eventually, just like Euro Truck Simulator 2 did...Eventually.[​IMG]

12. #12 XArmyMP, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    I'm a lvl 7 and started getting paid $20k for some longer jobs. Hopefully the next few runs I'll have my truck lean paid off. I'd have it paid off already but I got into a couple wrecks and have to fork up about $40k in repairs. The only annoying thing is I have ran into several speed traps where on the speed limit will be 70ish and drops to 30 then 50 feet later it goes back up to 70 on the highway. I think it's around San Francisco. There was no sign posted about the speed change either.

13. For 55/65/70 to 30, watch out for city limit signs. Speed limit will always go down to 30 no matter what. Those weird incremental ones every 30 feet though are weird as hell

14. Bought my own truck finally. Just the cheapest starter one but she gets the job done.

[​IMG]

I added in a few mods as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. #16 Mack D Rockefeller, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    I can't wait to start shitting in a coffee can and picking up hookers!

16. yeah hows the piss jug situation in this game?

17. Just like when I used to drive for a living in real life. Keep a wide mouthed half gallon bottle under the front seat.

18. Someone needs to make a mod that just adds a ton of piss jugs to the ditches near weigh stations

19. And the W900 is out. I've been running with a weather mod but it took until my first trip with the new truck to experience a sand storm, oh man

[​IMG]