Shoes and/or Boots

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by El Duderino, Feb 3, 2016.

1. i know theres gotta be some threadheads on here! maybe some Jordan fanatics. i never understood the fascination with Js, but.....

i can, however, appreciate a pair of well made shoes or boots. i have a pair of wingtip Bostonians that only come out of the box a couple times a year. so i have been looking at boots now. i thought i wanted a pair of doc martens but have decided on a pair of british made Solovair Derby 8 eye boots. in my 30 years of life, ive never had a pair of boots before so i suppose its about time. and why not get something worthwhile? something thats made to last, i.e. resole. i know a bit about the break in process what with my bostonians. they were hard as hell when i first got them. anyone have any boots like Doc Martens or the like?

2. as far as boots go i usually just by Timberland work boots or mountain climbing boots. if you mean cowboy boots i have no clue...lol

3. Wore Doc Martens for years and now wear Danners when necessary

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ive been a loyal doc martens buy majority of my life. started off as a young punk and now im an old punk with a job. quality has gone down hill but you can buy $80 docs made in vietnam to trash at work and save the $200 made in england ones for the special nights.

5. Beetle boots are the best.

6. I used to just wear DC but their quality went down hill. I've been wearing Vans for the past few years. Very comfortable. Plus I apply a waterproof/stain resistant spray on my shoes so they stay nice for a very long time.

7. Just metatarsal welding boots

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

8. I want it too

9. I like AJ a lot but cannot afford it. :(

10. Justin lacers for the win.

PW

11. I like my Red Wing Foreman Chukkas and I recommend getting some if you can find them on super sale, otherwise too expensive for me. They've been my daily driver for the past year and they're holding up perfectly fine.

Historically I've enjoyed Georgia Boot, Romeos. I've gone through probably 3 pairs of those, wearing each for 2 or three years before the sole gives up. Easily the most comfortable casual/work boot I've worn.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Footwear rules. Gotsta take care of them feet!

20181005_100137.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. i'd love to have some quality boots sometime, currently I have some inexpensive combat boots which are holding up okay because I try and care for them and don't wear them daily.

14. I have worn Doc martins at least for winter and sneakers for summer

but I just don't how normal peeps can buy Nokia's knowing they are made on 3rd world countries

where the makers are paid in peanuts

yet charge us the customers a fortune to get them

blah!

15. I have to wear work boots every day.
    Doc Martin's are okay and pretty comfortable but too much money for how long they last.
    Red Wings are a little on the expensive side but will outlast any pair of Doc Martin's by years. Some will outlast the wearer.
    Very comfortable once past the break in.
    Wescos are the cream of the crop. Very expensive and will last a lifetime. Hand made in the USA. Occasionally you can get discontinued types in clearance for 2 to 4 hundred dollars a pair.

16. Now I wear Crocs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Most of the time I wear Van's or nike, none of the fancy ones.
    Once a while I wear these boots.
    [​IMG]
    Super comfy.

18. Looks solid