Free Energy Ideas

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by NorseMythology, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Lets discuss ideas for free energy, novel ideas from your imagination or things you have heard about or even your spin on something that already exists.

2. I was thinking, the earth must oscillate to some degree, even if it isn't much, the mass of the earth is pretty substantial. I wonder how feasible it would be to construct giant tuning forks that could self tune to the dominant frequency and convert the vibrational energy into electricity. I couldn't find any information on the frequency range, what I am talking about is the actual oscillating mass not the Schumann Resonance.

Also, this would be limited to certain areas, but it seems we should be able to harness the thermal energy of volcanos.

3. That blew my stoned mind to read lol. Could we harvest some form of energy from a perpetually falling and rising object some how? Or harvesting some energy from using gravity itself?

4. #4 NorseMythology, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Gravity is a good idea but to harness energy from it we have to figure out how to reverse gravity or shield from gravity.

Imagine a water wheel with the left half shielded from gravity, so gravity constantly pushed on the right side.

5. Btw I like your idea about perpetually rising and falling. Use hydrogen to counter gravity, then drop said object, rinse and repeat. I'll think on that.

6. Yeah once I thought for a second I realized we do kind of in ways, dams and the like.

7. #7 NorseMythology, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Yea solar panels, wind turbines

Oh nm I misunderstood you at first.

8. Sky scrapers naturally sway with the wind aand movement of the earth.

I wonder of we can harvest that kinetic energy

-Yuri

9. This is how good ideas are created. Theyre mine now

10. As far as the earth vibrating, the only reference for it I have seen is from Tesla who claims the earth vibrates once every hour and 49min, or 109min. Convert that to seconds we get once every 6,540 seconds. One cycle every 6,540 seconds converted to cycles per second is 0.00015 or 0.00015Hz

Tuning fork idea is useless here. I have no idea how to capture the energy of such a massive wave.

Since that idea is out, I wonder how feasible it would be to capture energy of the Schumann cavity resonances.

11. 2 ideas

Create engines that run on biological processing and feed them plants (basically solar power but kind of round about)

Create a device that can harvest electrical energy from pplants as they photosynthesize, effectively turning plants into cheap renewable solar panels

-Yuri

12. Burning wood is also round about solar power too!

13. combustion reactions are wildly inefficient

-Yuri

14. Can we harness energy from momentum? Something in orbit moves very quickly, I imagine there being a lot of force to use. But these are concepts that are way beyond my level of scientific understanding. I'm sadly now learning how little school actually taught me of the sciences. Thank god for college lol. I'll get there. Mantikore or the like on here probably could use my brain better than I.

15. #16 NorseMythology, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    We can certainly harness energy from momentum. As far as utilizing the momentum of the entire planet, well the energy is there, as is the energy pounding us from the Sun. We just haven't figured out how to efficiently harness it. Or, if you like conspiracies, energy corporations are hindering progress.

16. The reaction isn't inherently inefficient, our ability to utilize it is inefficient. I take your point though.

17. Harnessing energy from the planet orbiting the sun sounds amazing lol.

18. wanderingtoker, don't sell yourself short, our minds can do whatever we put them to do. No body is born a scientist! If you have the will, the internet is at your fingertips.

19. Oh trust me I agree! I don't waste too much of my time. I'm a full time physics major going for my ba.later my masters and I hope a doctorate beyond that.i want to study the nature of why our world works the way it does, and I will, I have all the time in the world.I work full time to be able to pay for it. I know the value of knowledge,.......now. 7 years ago, not so much.Lol.