Guerilla soil help thread

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by capt.murphy, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Way too much investment for a one season hole and in shooting to be in the ground by March 20th. Temps are already perfect I just need enough daylight

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

2. Okay I might have alternatives to kelp, let me know. First there's this Alaskan fish liquid stuff at wal Mart. Says to mix in watering every 3 weeks which is doable for me. Another is oyster shell, chicken food kind. Would either of these be good?

3. #84 Possuum, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016

You can also put a young vegging plant in the ground in Jun/Jul/Aug and have both a short growing season (reduced risk) and a nice flowering period (associated benefits).
    A lot of guerilla growers overlook this and it pays off handsomely for a personal stash. I do it every year.

4. Depending on how it goes I'll probably drop a few more through out summer but I want Atleast one beast plant to make it

5. Looks good to me buddy, what else do you need besides kelp ?

6. Gonna pick up the bone meal in a few days with the kelp and I still need something for drainage. Might have to hit up a rock yard for something, all I can find is perlite and that vermeculite stuff

7. Keep an eye out for cocoa shell mulch, it works really well for aeration

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

8. This is the stuff, I was very happy with it and it was $10 per bag, im using it again this yr, just be careful if you have dogs or cats as pets cuz its toxic to furry friends, and it smells awesome!
    [​IMG]

9. And its superlight weight, great for backpacking in

10. I'll keep an eye out for it definately. Thanks nef

11. My favorite cheap locally accessible alternative to perilite by far, and I really like how it looks so natural, no chunky white pieces sticking out, I highly recommend it myself.

12. Right on man. I'm stoked I stumbled across that secret hydro shop. Its got all kinds of sod and rock's so I'll ask them when I pick up those meals. That's my main problem with perlite. Its so cheap but so obvious haha

13. So here's what I plan on planting:
    Special Queen #1
    Double Berry
    Hammer of the Gods
    Possible chocolope I didn't label and got mixed in so I'll see how those go.
    All from seed and feminized except the HOG will be clone and fem

14. Nice line up man! Im sure youll try a few no prep plots too, thats what im most excited about, zero prep and decent results, im game, I could knock out 100 in an hour lol, ill be following to see whats up and im gonna run 3-5 no prep spots also just outta curiosity.

15. for aeration you can also use rice hulls or buckwheat hulls.

16. I'm assuming they would be at a feed store? Are they sold for gardening or something else? The feed store I went to had a weak selection on everything but I only looked in the garden section

17. There's Definately gonna be some Johnny Appleseed spots mixed in there haha

18. beer brewing supply shop should have rice hulls, i think its used for filtering. not sure about buckwheat.