Soil ph and flushing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DevLotus, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I just checked my soil ph and its higher than it should be, so I'm going to flush my girls. The question is does it matter what kind of water I flush with? Like should I let tap water sit out overnight as usual and flush with that or can I use ozonated/spring water? Thanks for any advice

2. Use tap water that's phed to 6.5ish. Use 2-3 times the amount of gallons compared to container. For example if container is 3 gallons put 6-9 gallons of PH'd water through it.
    You checked soil ph by runoff or by a $12 ph probe tester? If you're using probe tester it's prob wrong, measure your runoff.

3. I use spring water ph'ed to flush.
    I've noticed there's like way to much chlorine in my cities water system. The ph comes out at like 9.

4. I have been using a probe, ill check my run off tomorrow. Thanks for the input guys

5. Before a flush check the runoff. That's what you would be measuring during a flush anyway. This is where a good ph tester pays off. Personally use Bluelab, worth the price but. $100. Some users love some of the $30-40 ones but ai can't attest to accuracy. But deff measure runoff not soil itself.

6. So I bought a digital ph reader, did a flush with ph'd water and have been giving them nothing but water and am getting the same result.[​IMG] [​IMG] please help