1 Plant DWC #1 Skunk

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SmoknWeed, Feb 1, 2016.

1. #1 SmoknWeed, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    This is my first proper grow after doing tons of research
    I recently germinated a sensi seeds skunk #1 seed
    IMG_04751.JPG

placed it into a rockwool cube then into my dwc bucket

after day and a half of being in there
    IMG_04911.JPG

Running a 250w dual spectrum hps with a 4 inch fan and ox carbon filter
    will keep updating as I go along not much to be seen at the moment
    01/02
    [​IMG]

02/02
    [​IMG]

Short video of grow area http://sendvid.com/y674z01t

2. Subd. Prepare for the stank brother!! Is it from Royal Queen? And what size tent, nutes, all that shizz?

3. You need to lift it up and fill that pot with hydroton. You can't have light shining through the basket into your res. You're going to get an algae bloom. Also, that rockwool is pretty wet. Your water level is too high with the way the pot is filled at this point.
    You need to correct those things. It will not do well if that rockwool stays that wet. It'll likely dampen off and die. You just want the rockwool to be slightly moist. You have to play with your water level to achieve that. Or keep the level at the bottom of the netpot, and hand water the cube if it dries too much. You want it dry some though. So, the taproot searches for the water.

4. #4 crankz, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    Back the camera up, and let's see the whole grow area.

5. #5 SmoknWeed, Feb 1, 2016
    It's sensi seens #1 skunk area is just under 2 foot deep juyst over 3 ft wide and over 6ft tall

I'll do that now now crankz That's the way i had it originally but was worried the seedling wouldn't be able to get what it needs but i've been top feeding anyway so will get on that soon as i've finished my cup of tea

i'll try with the picture but it's awkward as it's in a wardrobe

thank's for the support and help guys I really appreciate it it's pretty intimidating at this point

Added another photo to the top of the thread it's starting to form it's first leafs

6. Don't let it intimidate you. It's just a plant.
    And, a picture of the whole grow area is just helpful to maybe spot any areas that may need attention.
    As for the plant getting what it needs, it has everything it needs in those two cotyledons to sustain it for a few leaf sets. It just needs the root zone to stay moist. Not soaked at all.

7. #7 SmoknWeed, Feb 1, 2016

Thank's for that I will get right on it as for the picture my lights are about to go off so it will probably be tomorrow before I get one

added the extra hydroton(clay pebbles) to the basket

how long till I can expect to see roots at the bottom of the basket?

8. Uploaded another photo seems to be growing quite quickly

9. Looking good brother subbed in fosho!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Slow growth still no roots underneith the basket added as much hydroton as i could anymore rolls back onto the plant so i'll have to wait till its slightly taller to add more
    will keep updating this however i find it hard to justify posting unless there significant growth to document

thanks to everybody who's subbed and supported me so far
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Looks perfect. Keep doing what you're doing. You'll have roots in the water soon enough.

12. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to check up on my grow log much appreciated hope everything okay your end boss

13. Nice I am subbed to this thread thinking about doing dwc my next run as well

14. Thanks for stopping by mate I appreciate it and you should!

15. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Looks good! Unless there's one out of view, I'd have an oscillating fan in there.

17. #18 SmoknWeed, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    I do have on but it's on stand by atm didn't think I would benefit much from it at this stage correct me if I'm wrong unless it would strengthen the stem?

[​IMG]

Roots have finally shown hopefully see an improved rate of growth soon started to go slightly yellow but barely noticeable added first dose of nutrients canna Aqua vega 1/4 dose (slightly less)
    Did a res change and cleaned bucket Wednesday just gone
    No noticeable change in size since last photo however can see new set of leaves forming

Thanks again to everybody locked in and subbed
    Everything has been cleaned so don't worry about the bit of muck here and there on photos

18. Yes, air movement will help strengthen the stem. Doesn't need to blow right at the plant, but air turbulence in the area gently moving the plant is a good thing.

19. Here's my special queen on feb1st and tonight [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Not the same strain but just to give you an idea. Once all those baby roots touch water top growth explodes!