I dont know whats wrong with my auto NL

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by newbiegreens, Jan 31, 2016.

1. If it were me I'd flush it until the run off ph's back to 7.0 then I'd recalibrate my ph from there.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2. I don't have anything I could currently use to check the pH, but how many litres of water would you say to run through it before it should be ok?
    I'm thinking about keep pouring water through it so there's a lot of run off?

3. You really really really(like absolutely must have) need a ph test kit. Without knowing the ph of your soil its gonna be tough to flush. If you don't have access to a hydroponics store. Check pool/spa supply stores or any store that sells aquarium set ups they should have ph test kits. Even eBay or amazon sell ph kits. I currently use the kit from general hydroponics.

4. Growing without knowing ph you might as well just guess and give it water only. Bluelabs hands down has best testers they are pricey but have made growing easier knowing I have a good reliable tester. At the very least snag a good $30-40 one. The probes that are analog and $12 suck strips are ehh IMO. But to go at it blind is going to cause nothing but problems for ya

5. Here is the flushing procedure from http://www.growweedeasy.com/ph
    On my phone its about half way down the page not sure on a computer.

Flushing - pH problems are sometimes caused by over-fertilizing (the plant was given too many nutrients or supplements, which builds up salts in the growing medium). If you believe this is the case, flush the growing medium to remove salt buildup. This should only be done when the regular method isn't working for you, and/or you have no other choice. Flushing means giving your plants 1-3 times the volume of its container with plain, pHed water. The flush leaches out extra nutrients and salts. After the flush, water plants with a light nutrient solution. It"s normal for plants to droop when they"ve been flushed (showing signs of being overwatered), but the drooping will go away as soon as the medium begins to dry out. After the top inch of growing medium has dried out, water the plant as normal and test the runoff water to see if the pH has corrected itself. 

6. I would do a flush. You have to control your PH. eBay ships all over the world and you can buy a complete up/down kit with a tester for under 15 bucks. If you want it to live. Very important in flower also. If your seeing pistols it may be sooner than later she flowers seeings that it's an auto. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Looks to me like a calcium def.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #27 Doomwaffle, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    The ph should have been around 12 for the soapy water. I I think the deficiencies are caused by nutrient lockout due to the ph of the medium being to alkaline.

8. I kept flushing water through it until the runoff of the water turned as closely to normal as I could, when I started to flush it you could see the soap coming out so I know for definite now that it was that... And with the pH kits and stuff, I have the sets at home which I ordered prior but forgot so I will have that for the next grow.

9. glad to see you figured it out keep us updated I'm curious to see how that little lady recovers.

10. The new growth seems to be fine, gone a bit droopy, also the white hairs seem to be somewhat visible by phone camera now:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. I'm really hoping to get atleast 15g from her to keep me going for a bit and make my grow worthwhile... And the next grow I'll do 2 autos with a way better set up and now that I know I can use this site for help :)

12. Today's picture [​IMG]

13. shes looking much much better.

14. Yeah, she looks happier now! Also, any idea roughly when harvest time should be? She's showing white hairs already, so I'm thinking maybe 4/5 weeks now?

15. Hi so up until now my plant was growing fine, flowering... But now she's starting to look unhealthy

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Needs more air movement, what are your temps? And your more like 7-8 weeks from harvest when you see white hairs.

17. I have a fan and the temp is low from what I feel when keeping my hand there but I will check the temperature properly today...

18. Is there any reason why the leaves are changing colour?

19. Some of my branches fell off when I tried to adjust the fan... Of which one was where a bud was developing, 2 where buds should be forming if they had enough light and a couple of fan leaves... Will the rest of the plant be effected by this?