Garden viking outdoor

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Triple6Greens, Jan 31, 2016.

1. #41 Triple6Greens, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    well the sprouts are doing great. One has almost lost its helmet and the other is not far behind. Looks like they both are started thicken up.

I plant 3 new seeds yesterday. Still no news with them. And I have the 4th which is an original from Sat and still nothing from it. I'm thinking of calling quits on it but I'm gunna give them more time.

2. much progress made with the sprouts.
    How long before I should take them out from under the dome?

3. I take the cover off as soon as it breaks ground.. I've lost them to damping off when I didn't uncover them promptly..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. #44 Triple6Greens, Feb 13, 2016
    update.
    So my sprouts are now 6 days and looking great. One has just lost its helmet today! How long before I should start giving nutes? I have them in happy frog soil right now.

Ok so there is one seed from the original planting on Saturday. Which I'm giving up on. I dug up the seed and the tap root has not grown any...

I planted 3 more seeds on Wednesday and I checked them and they all seem to be rooted and now it looks like they making their way up. I'm gunna say by tomorrow or Sunday they all will sprout. So I looking at 5 out of 7 seeds a success. I don't wanna speak too early be cuz I know it is just the start to a long learning experience...

Couple questions
    When do I start giving nutes?

And is there something wrong with one of my sprout? The stem looks funny and I'm wondering if this part is actually supposed to be under soil? Or is it something else? Or just leave it alone ?

How close should lights be? T5s

5. Welcome to the hard job of growing. I suggest you grab a book and read it cover to cover. It will save you a lot of money, time and frustration. Growing cannabis is not as easy as it seems. A lot more to it than putting seeds in the ground a watering. The more you learn the better your results. I still research different aspects of growing and I have years of experience inside and out. I'll never stop learning and improving my grows. Best book I have owned and read is the pic. Good luck ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455351813.377610.jpg

6. Hows the veg goin

7. was running late for work and couldn't take pics.

But I got 4 solid sprouts that I'm gonna run with. 4 sprouts out of 7 seeds. We will blame my bad growing skills for right now.

2 of them are 9 days old which are just starting to explode now. When one was sprouting it fell over and I pooped it up and now it's stem takes a 90 at the soil then another 90 going back up ha kinda cool but I covered that part with soil.

The other 2 are now 5 days and just lost their helmets

I also decided to throw in a bunch of veggie seeds in my shed. I got the room so why not. Idk if the seeds are good though. They just been chilling out back for 2 years.

8. Aslong as when u flower pay mind to the herms and male...but shoot id like to see that cloner of yours full...imagine all the pots you would need...i think i started with way too many...im gna pick the best 6 and maybe flower the other 6 on the solo cups i wanna go straight into the 4-5gal square litter buckets..

9. can never have 2 many plants....

I'm hoping at least 2 will be female.

Better get my luck rabbit foot

10. #50 Triple6Greens, Feb 16, 2016
    so I decided to mix up my soil today.

Only gonna have 4 plants so here is the mix.

2cu ft happy frog
    1 bag of perlite
    4 tsp roots organic elemental
    4 tsp roots organic grow uprising
    4 tsp roots organic uprising foundation

This will be separated into 4, 3 gallon pots

I mixed it up and covered it with a tarp. I won't be needing the mix till next week but I'm going to be busy and had time to do it now.

The soil in my hand is the finished stuff

Just in case you don't know what's in the roots organic nutes here's a list

ELEMENTAL
    NPK / 0.25 - 0 - 0.1 + Ca 20%
    DERIVED FROM
    Calcitic Lime, Dolomitic Lime, Gypsum and Fish Protein Hydrolysate

UPRISING FOUNDATION
    NPK / 3 - 1 - 1
    DERIVED FROM
    Fish Bone Meal, Oyster Shell Flour, Kelp Meal, Greensand, Non Gom Soybean Meal, Rock Dust, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Bat Guano, Langbeinite, Calcareous Lime, Dolomitic Lime, Rock Phosphate Humic Ore, Crab Meal, Montmorillonite, Earth Worm Castings and Mycorrhizae

UPRISING GROW
    NPK / 6 - 1 - 2
    DERIVED FROM
    Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp Meal, Greensand, Non Gmo Soybean Meal, Glacial Rock Dust, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Langbeinite, Fish Meal, Calcareous Lime, Dolomitic Lime, Montmorillonite, Gypsum, Crab Meal, Nettle Leaf and Mycorrhizae

Enough about soil
    Bout time I updated the sprouts

The bigger 2 are 10 days from seed and the smaller too are 5 days from seed.

11. nothing like waiting...
    And waiting....

I'm thinking about planting more seeds when my order comes in.

I can fit 10 plants total in the veg shed. So I think I'm gonna germ 6 more seeds when they get here.

12. #52 Triple6Greens, Feb 20, 2016
    well the ladies have been growing!

I just got my 3 gallon pots in.. woo-hoo so on Monday I will be transferring them into bigger pots and my better soil.

The 2 bigger ones are 13 days and the other 2 are 10 days old from seed. The nodes are coming in tight which is a good sign my lights are good

13. haven't seen the plants since Friday so I'm hoping for the best when I get home!

They are getting transplanted today too into 3 gallon pots

14. time for transplant !!

They are all going into 3 gallon bags with the soil I made last week. Also during transplant I will be adding Oregonism XL. it says to add onto the roots during transplant but I'm going to just sprinkle some on the hole they will be put into.

I placed the cup in the hole and filled dirt around hole. Then removed plant from cup and placed it in the hole. .. these sprouts had some roots! Almost half the side of the cup was covered.

But on my first try I lost to much soil when I flipped the cup and the sprout fell over. I lost more and more soil and I had to cut the cup off and carefully place it in the hole. I then grabbed to sticks off the ground and propped it up.
    It will make it or it won't

But the next time I cut the bottom of the cup off and pushed the plant out of the top, this worked perfect and got the next 3 in with no problem

Gave them lots of water. And it's back under the light.

15. #55 Triple6Greens, Feb 23, 2016
    It looks like they all took to their transplant well.

Even the one that couldn't stand on its own is standing on its own almost.

And now the growing starts!!!
    Out of 7 seeds I have 4.. and who knows if they will be female.

Once I get my seeds in I'm going to plant some more. Maybe I will let you guys pick... although I'm talking to my self...

I can support 10 plants total so IDK if I'm going to do all 10 or maybe less.

Also I only have height for 3-4 foot plants in the veg shed. So hopefully they don't out grow that before its time to set them out side

Happy growing

16. Lookin good buddy

17. #57 Triple6Greens, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
    just got my seeds in!!!
    Time to pick 6 strains to grow

All fem
    2 - royal seeds Kali dog ( free)
    1 - royal seeds special queen ( free)
    3 - royal seeds critical ( free but didn't order)
    3 - royal queen blue cheese
    5 - royal queen critical kush
    5 - royal queen haze Berry
    3 - Humboldt purple train wreck
    3 - resin seeds sour p
    4 - female iced white widow

Attached Files:

18. #60 Triple6Greens, Feb 27, 2016
    it has been a while since an update so here we go!!

All the plants are looking great ! All really starting to take off and I think it is time for their first nutes. I will be going 1/4 strength to see how they do.

I will be using roots organic line up.
    Tomorrow they will get Buddha grow, Trinity bio catalyst and amino aid

I have a bucket and air stone system to mix and add air to the water.... pics of that later. I will be adding nutes on Sunday so tomorrow I will mix the nutes

Now I just got my new fem seeds from the vault and I'm dropping 6 seeds tonight to soak and planting them tomorrow!!

And the chosen ones are!!!!
    Royal seeds - blue cheese
    Royal seeds - haze Berry
    Royal seeds - Kali dog
    Royal seeds - critical kush
    Female seeds - iced white widow
    Resin seeds - sour p

I can't wait for the fun to start