Garden viking outdoor

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Triple6Greens, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Pick the best looking one its what im gna do..so i can keep a certain pheno type..plus itd b better since u have only so many unless u get morep

2. checked on the plants again. Before bed time

Temps in the 80-85
    I raised the lights a inch
    Or two.
    But I checked the max temps and 86 was the hottest it got. So not too bad .

Humidity in the 40s

Looked in again and I can see one clearly has a tap root. Other 3 are little to deep for me to see

3. #23 Triple6Greens, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    we have broken soil on one seed! The other 3 still havnt started to rise up yet. Makes me a little nervous but maybe this one is a male and grew fast and the other 3 are females growing slow? Who know I'm keep my hopes up. How long before I should give up on a seed?

4. #24 RicoG.R.A.M, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
    First sprout nice they are gna double in size by the day...and id give them atleast a week to sprout if not you can check em with a paperclip jst dnt b rough... carefully moved the dirt to see where theyre at

5. I feel the other 3 I have pushed down to far and I'm thinking about opening the plug to check them.

I don't think it would be hard to rip open the plug and check the seed

6. The plugs ur using have mesh on them?

7. no mesh. It's bark/some other kind of stuff. They're light and fluffy.

8. Did u dig around the seed hole

9. good news!

I can see the other 3 have started moving. So I'm guessing by tomorrow they should all be above the soil.

I'm gunna test the theory that male seedlings grow faster then female seedlings. And if that stays true I have 3 females one male . We will see when it comes time.

Also I got my 2nd light today. I installed it but not gunna use it until the plants get bigger

10. #30 Triple6Greens, Feb 9, 2016
    update.So another has sprouted but it seemed to be stuck in the hole . So I literary ripped off the top part where it looked stuck.The other 2 that not sprout I decided to investigate so I ripped opened the other two.And I found that both have cracked and the tap root is starting to come out. So took booth of them out and placed them in New plugs but I made sure to drop them in root downupdate.So another has sprouted but it seemed to be stuck in the hole . So I literary ripped off the top part where it looked stuck.The other 2 that not sprout I decided to investigate so I ripped opened the other two.And I found that both have cracked and the tap root is starting to come out. So took booth of them out and placed them in New plugs but I made sure to drop them in root down
    Temps low 80sHumidity is 45-50%

11. Who do you think your fooling with that astroturf? This ain't no outdoor grow! [​IMG]

12. haha it will be

13. Did you foreal break one? If so that sucks i feel for you...do you think they didnt soak enuff when u first put em in?...maybe to far down?...i have 5 not pop outta the second set i planted kinda not worring bout them tho...

14. no I didn't break any. I was very careful and just replanted the seeds in New ones. nd ripped sort the one that was stuck

15. Oh man was gna say...i hope they spread roots and grow away like beast..

16. #36 Triple6Greens, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    alright I checked on the seeds again and the root has not grown any. So I said Fuck the plugs I put them all in plastic cups with happy frog.
    The 2 that sprouted already I carefully took apart the plug till I found the roots and put them in the cups with no wrap on top
    I took the two seeds and did the same thing. Except I put wrap over the top of them
    They are all in the dome so the two sprouts are good. It's the seeds I'm stessing about

17. Hows the one that sprout already doin?

18. they doing ok. I gotta check on them when I get home. They both got their helmets on

19. #39 Triple6Greens, Feb 11, 2016
    day 5 from seed

1st pic is my strongest looking sprout. This one popped up around day 2 and has been doing great ever since.

2nd pic is the weaker sprout. When I got home it was falling over a little so I had to prop it up using some more soil.

Last pic are the seeds that have yet to sprout. I'm gunna give them until Saturday before I toss them and try again.

This is my first time and I am learning and hoping for the best

20. alright so I said Fuck it and planted 2 more seeds. Right into soil this time with wrap on top.

I think if reach the point where I'm not stressing anymore. If they grow they grow