Garden viking outdoor

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Triple6Greens, Jan 31, 2016.

1. #1 Triple6Greens, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
    hey guys this will be my first out door grow! Will bee looking for some help and tips as we go. I have grown indoor before from clones but this is all new to me and I'm a little worried about getting the seeds started. Anyways here we go.
    Went to the cannibis cup in San Bernardino and picked up some seeds. I went with mango tango from elements seeds and got 12 seeds. Seeds look great and from the reviews iv been reading looks like some great bud too.
    So living in so cali I would like to have my plants in the ground early as possible and I'm thinking late March/early April so I want to get these seeds planted soon.
    Now comes the questions. Will it be best to sprout and grow them under an indoor set up till then or grow them out side from start to finish. I'm thinking buying a small t5 light set up and letting veg under a light till time to plant them out side.
    I'm also set on going with roots organic ferterlizer as if been wanting to try out their stuff for some time. Soil I was thinking Fox farm ocean or happy frog.
    So recap
    Should I veg under t5 till outdoor time March/April or straight from seedling to outside?
    Also is there any trick to increase my chances at all ladies ?
    Happy frog or ocean? Or 50/50 mix
    And thoughts on roots organic.
    I cannot wait to get started. Pics and updates will be posted

• Like Like x 2
  2. some pic of Seeds

3. Welcome to the City Garden_viking..
    I wanted to hit the San Berdo cup on Saturday but the group I'd planned on going with got tied up and canceled on me so maybe we'll make this coming Sat at the show....
    --------------------
    Your about to make the same mistake I made a few years ago starting beans-clones way to soon thinking I could get a jump on outside.. It worked after a fashion but not quite as I'd planned.. It did lead me to what I do now and that's to mostly ignore what time of the year it is and keep tossing fully vegged plants outside to flower..
    ---------------------
    https://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html/page-155
    My own thread might be of some help..

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1265327-so-cal-growers-unite.html/page-483
    Our local So Cal Outside growers thread
    Several of us here in So Cal do outside out of season like mrsilly, sitNspin, myself, 1220, falling leaves and a few others..
    ---------------------------
    Most of us mix our own soil and can help you run down the best materials for it..
    --------------------------
    Lights I do T5 high output fixtures from Home Depot and the 6500k lamps from the local hydro shop as it works best in my limited height veg shed..
    [​IMG]
    3x3x3 square cups to start
    [​IMG]
    5x5x7 square pots mid range transplant
    [​IMG]
    8x8x10 final veg stage
    [​IMG]
    Outside to flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clones to 3s to 5s to 8s and out the door to flower.. 4 cycles per year.. This set went out on the 7th of Dec and will finish in a couple more weeks.. Since it never freezes here near the beach I never stop setting out plants..
    How it gets done on the Brass Pharm..
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  4. #4 Triple6Greens, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    so what your saying is don't veg till April? Just throw them out side once they are to big for my indoor set up?
    I'm a little confused on what you mean exactly brassnwood

5. I can't wait to get started. Still waiting on shipping

• Like Like x 2
  6. We have time for a spring crop it just needs to be finished about the 1st of June..
    You can either direct plant outside and in about a month the young plant will be mature enough to flower.. It won't be very big but it will produce some bud.. Your other option is run it under lights 24-0 for a month and then set out.. It'll be about twice as big as one just placed outside..
    What'cha got coming ??
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry man I still can't figure out how to quote people... I'm hitting QUOTE and nothing happens...

But anyways ...

What I got coming ...

2 x alumisun t5 4foot 4 bulb ( 432 watts / 40000 lumens total ) each one is about 12" x 48" for a total of 24"x48" coverage

52 plug seed starter kit with heating pad and green house dome. Starter plugs with nutes to get seed started.

Roots organic master pack. Comes with
    16 oz Buddha Grow
    16 oz Buddha Bloom
    16 oz Trinity
    8 oz Amino-Aide
    8 oz Big Swell
    8 oz Ancient Amber
    8 oz Extreme Serene
    8 oz HP2
    8 oz HPK
    1.8 oz Oregonism XL
    4 oz Elemental
    2 oz Uprising Grow, Uprising Bloom and Uprising Foundation

20 - 1 gallon grow bags
    20 - 3 gallon grow bags

I need to start looking into pest control . If been looking into neem oil and plant soap

I got all the other little things already .... Temps/humidity sensor
    Fans
    Etc

I'm gunna pick up happy frog soil for seedling to 1 gallon bags and ffof for gallon bags to out side flower.

My final plan is to veg them indoor till they out grow the 3 gal bags then put them outside to flower. I have a small back yard perfect for it. The house I'm doing it at is not in a reg neighborhood. One side of me is a free way and the other side is a house but it's more then just a side yard between us.

I grew once before indoors under a 250w mh/hps. I pulled 6 oz from a chemdawg and blue lights clone. I want to make sure I get everything right since its been awhile and I'm new to out door growing

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 Triple6Greens, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    one of my lights showed up and you know I had to plug it in a test it right away...

This thing is bright! Lights up my whole room like the sun is in here.
    Also they throw in some gifts

• Like Like x 1

9. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That's my top 4 IPM goodies..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  10. just got my seed starter! I got everything I need to start except one thing..

A place to start. Gotta clean out the sheld tomorrow. Filled with crap and spiders! So many spiders. It like a sport world. ... But that's ok I threw a bug bomb in there. Should take care of them tonight and I will start early in the morning tomorrow.

I wish I could explain how excited I am.

Also on the seed starter the plugs came already wet in the containers? What's with that. All 52 plugs wet and ready? I was hoping it was gunna be a bag and I use them at my will. Think I can take them out and reuse them later?

11. #11 Triple6Greens, Feb 6, 2016
    operations clean shed has begin

12. #12 Triple6Greens, Feb 6, 2016
    little cleaning
    Little organization
    And boom
    Grow shed.

Now working in here it stays pretty cool be cuz this shed is covered by trees and large bushes. Its perfect . Only in direct sunlight for maybe 1-2 hours.

There are a lot of small cracks/light leaks. I'm gunna run to home depot today to get some supplies later today.

Now since I have a work space it's time to get to work

13. #13 Triple6Greens, Feb 6, 2016
    well I'm just about finished. It looks great!

14. Nice setup...u got plenty of room for veg...nice use of the table

15. #15 Triple6Greens, Feb 7, 2016
    it's official ... Seeds are in.

Only starting with 4 cuz I don't wannt kill all my seeds in one shot

• Like Like x 1
  16. checked this morning and a couple time last night.

Temps 75-80
    Humidity 45-50%

• Like Like x 1
  17. You kno those seeds popped already they are jst reaching for some light now...so ur gna veg about 3-4 ft then move outside? Suckas are gna b a decent size...yields will b far more than mine thats forsure..making me wanna throw more into veg to keep up with u..lol but i dnt have enuff light to vegg what i have now..i need that 400w mh already..geezz

18. #18 Triple6Greens, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    You kno those seeds popped already they are jst reaching for some light now...so ur gna veg about 3-4 ft then move outside? Suckas are gna b a decent size...yields will b far more than mine thats forsure..making me wanna throw more into veg to keep up with u..lol but i dnt have enuff light to vegg what i have now..i need that 400w mhalready..geezz

why not get some t5 and veg them under that. 400mh is gunna put out some heat so then you gotta have more ventilation.

I'm hoping for monster buds. I'm gunna top them maybe twice during veg

I looked at them before lights went off and it looks like the tap root has cracked on 1 but the other 3 I can't see

• Like Like x 1
  19. Im waitn for 4/50w cfls to come in since i can run a max of 200w off the one fixture i have..its a dual(100wel ea socket) zoo med reptile light with a splitter on each socker for 4 lights...i have some petsmart store credit so prolly gna get another one and do the same...i dnt like to spend money if i dnt have too not cheap jst spending wisely

yeah before i had only one pc fan for exhaust and temps were almost 90°F now i have 3 stacked for exhast one for intake and two small pc fans for circulation and then the 4in round aswell....

I wanted to top/fim for 4 main colas but since im really jst looking for a mother ill wait till preflower or jst top to the 2nd node and flower the clone for sexing...not sure what i wanna do..lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. I was thinking of making one of these plants a mother...