My first grow (large multiple grow tent room)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hulksmashu00, Jan 30, 2016.

1. So i can change the draw on the diodes and by doing so able to change spectrum....

Allnthe mars now somenwith bloom and veg switches and ive sugested dimming knobs insted of switches so the grower has more control

2. Thank you. Its going to be fun learning with all the knowledge available

Sent from my SM-G530P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That's why I said only some do, I didn't say none. He's been considering mars 2, my mars 2 doesn't but some LEDs do

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I thought you said you hadnt seen one...my bad

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

5. Im currently reading the book indoor outdoor medical im on chapter 3 and it is probably the best book ive ever read lol. I highly recommend it to any new grower like myself

6. So do you plan on hydro or soil?

7. Im doing soil for now. When im a bit more experienced i may try hydro but for now im keeping it simple

What are some of you guys techniques for germinating?

8. I just straight pop em in the soil. I have a small grow though. If I have to use a method, I'll probably do the paper towel.

9. #49 killset, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    I've done wet paper towels, cups of water, straight soil. They all work just fine as long as the conditions are right. Warm, moist, dark. I do straight soil anymore since it works just as well and avoids messing around with the seeds.

10. Stright in to soil thst been moistened

11. Truly sorry for this hulk, never thought my first post would be this one. But I'm responsible to explain here in case of any misunderstanding.

1.yes our Mars II 400 only draws 180w and as i explained many times, led only pulls half of the total wattage we used to name our light by led pieces by 5w because the whole industry does it this way, as a company at its starting point, we have to follow the main trend but now we're making improvement, you can see we name our Mars pro series by the led pieces. And we have specs list on our website for your reference before purchase.

2.as for the repair, yes we offer either repair in service center or repair by yourself, it's the best solution we can come up with. If you can repair yourself we send parts and video and pics for instructions, if not we can have the light repaired in our center.

The burnt out leds are the 440nm as i explained before, we didn't know that before, but after we found the abnormal defective rate for 440nm, we changed our supplier in March and we promise to take care of those lights caused by this problem. And when you PMed me about the burnt out, you told me you wanted to repair by yourself and i shipped you leds and PMed picture for repair. I thought everything went alright. I just checked the tracking number I'm truly sorry i didn't know it wasn't updated, my sincere apologies. I just emailed my colleague, will know that tomorrow sorry.

And the reason why your yield is not good is because not sufficient power used. Any questions or suggestions needed before purchase welcome to email us. We will help

12. Its ok i like that you are active with your buyers and that you admit to the mistake with the old lights that shows great customer service and truthfully most companies would deny and try and cover something like that up so thank you for being honest :).

Just sent you a pm

13. I used that light above 1 plant in just under a 2'x2' space. You're one of the people I spoke with who told me it would handle that space. I haven't even mentioned in this thread what size area I had it in. I'm not bashing mars. Just not happy with the light I wasted money on. That's just my opinion. If products are faulty and continue to be faulty after the repair there's not much I can conclude but they're not appropriate for what I want. Had mars handled the situation better I might have a different opinion. If multiple lights have issues that's on the company who built them and puts their name on them. Its not my fault your supplier wasn't up to par. Your company was the one using their products. I felt with mars hydro, not your supplier Refunds or complete replacements should have been offered as on option to repairs. Its not like your company wasn't aware of the issue. You're a great person but I can't help but feel its a cheap light from my experience.

14. Thanks so much for your understanding hulk, means a lot to me.

Yes i tried to read as many as i can here on this community, fear that any help needed may be missed out, i hope everyone that has problem with our light can contact me directly because i cannot read all threads and posts here, but if PM me or post on our thread i will help sort it out asap.

Yes the 440nm led was our fault and we're truly sorry for that, now we changed our supplier things will be better.

Pm replied thanks again hulk

15. #55 smokesara, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    Yes one Mars II 400 is good for 2x2ft space and should do great for just 1 plant. How about other factors? Just want to find the reason and see what's is the exact cause

As for our light, i understand you deal with us but please do understand this is whole manufacturing line, we cannot know that beforehand if there's anyway we can do that we surly would prevent that. We calculate our defective rate every month, if it's abnormal we investigate immediately and make improvements

You can see we sell fast and sell many lights monthly, we ship by sea to supplement stocks monthly and you can see my stock updates for each shipment so you can check the rate. As a company aiming to last long, we value our quality and service the best.

I think i made a mistake before, you should have received the leds right? I shipped for you back in Nov. Can you do the repair yourself since you mentioned before you wanted to repair by yourself if not we can still have it repaired for you in our service center

16. Yes one Mars II 400 is good for 2x2ft space and should do great for just 1 plant. How about other factors? Just want to find the reason and see what's is the exact cause

As for our light, i understand you deal with us but please do understand this is whole manufacturing line, we cannot know that beforehand if there's anyway we can do that we surly would prevent that. We calculate our defective rate every month, if it's abnormal we investigate immediately and make improvements

You can see we sell fast and sell many lights monthly, we ship by sea to supplement stocks monthly and you can see my stock updates for each shipment so you can check the rate. As a company aiming to last long, we value our quality and service the best.

I think i made a mistake before, you should have received the leds right? I shipped for you back in Nov. Can you do the repair yourself since you mentioned before you wanted to repair by yourself if not we can still have it repaired for you in our service center
    </blockquote>We're having a communication issue. I'm not complaining about yeild. I didn't expect it to handle as well as an hid light. I repaired the light already. It wasn't hard. Couple weeks after I repaired it, a few more diodes burned out. All I can base my opinion on is the light I bought. That light was garbage. I wasn't going to invest more $ in hopes it was just a fluke. The damn light broke twice I put it on a shelf and now I have a paper weight. I'm not concerned about the $$$, its the principal. Maybe in China that's how things happen but in the US when a company has a product that's known to be faulty due to the lack of quality components and units begin failing due to those junk components a recall is issued so the customers aren't getting screwed. It doesn't bother me, but I'm not going to pretend that junk light ran well when it didn't just so your company doesn't loose face. That's not how I work Sara. If I had a good experience then I would be talking about that, but I didnt. I had a crap experience with your companies product. I gave it a fair chance and it failed. Look its OK, there's not a product made by man kind where there a 100% satisfaction rating. I'm not poor, the money isn't the issue the principal is. Your company sold a product that was faulty to numerous people. This wasn't an isolated issue. Your company admits to using bad product from a bad supplier. When people ask for opinions about mars lights I only have my opinion to give, based on my experience. It wasn't a good one experience. It is what it is. You're a nice person but that's not going to change my experience with your companies product. When opinions are asked, I'm going to give mine.

17. By the way Sara your service was awesome. Mars is very lucky to have a representative that cares as much as you.

18. Well put killset, I wish i had tact like you do.

19. Alright guys thank you for all of the amazing help with the light set up. Now for the good stuff!! My seeds should be here soon gonna be time to start raising some beautiful girls :). Ide like to move away from light conversation and into grow ideas, techniques and general info to help me grow the best i can with this first grow. When all set up i will start posting pics :)