My first grow (large multiple grow tent room)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hulksmashu00, Jan 30, 2016.

1. I respect that bro and thank you. It makes sense. Where im at right now it may be a good idea to play with these for a grow instead of investing everything all at once. Its always good to not jump head over heals into something with no experience and you just helped me to slow down a lil. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks like a good project. It will be interesting to watch. Subscribed.

3. Seems like alot of the led guys are moving away from the "blurple" led lights and onto the cree "white" led lights. That's also why I didn't try out any other brands of the old style leds. I want to see where growers go with them before investing any more $$. Mars is even moving into the next generation of LEDs. I'm very interested where some of the brands take it. Something else to think about. Old school has long proven itself to me so I'm OK waiting it out for a bit. You're in a different situation where you need to figure something out a bit sooner....good luck bro whatever you decide.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. why buy a led that is going tro replace a hid that is only 100W more? you better get an led that gives you double the equvalent hid lighting than from the wall power consumption. no sense in buying an expensive led if its not going to save you power, dropping hundreds on a light that saves you 100W a month is completely asinine

5. Hey guys hes picked a light dont lay into him i find the mars lights do well ive got some epic plants 9lbs hammer from under the pro series 1454201191996.jpg

6. You got my attention, subbed up. hoping to learn what I can for my first grow

7. Have you put any thought into platinum led? I have a mars2 light, and a platinum led. They don't compare. I did what your doing, bought a Mars light after everybody told me not to. I had respected members here pm me after posting on the Mars thread about my intentions to buy Mars. They both told me to go look at platinum or amare. I didn't listen and I ordered a mars2 900w and a 4x4 tent. Now the light works, and the tent is a tent( with light leaks around the zipper) But the warranty is weak, and the customer service is not what your expecting. I quickly upgraded to a better light, Now I use my Mars to veg in a small cabinet, and I get great results. It's a huge light for the space, and yes all diodes still work. But I upgraded to platinum led, and am flowering under a p9-xml2. I'm still a noob, and my opinion is really just mine, and should be taken with a grain of salt. But I would avoid Mars, and shit some cash on a better light.

8. Mars and plat do compate look at antics grow hes used the old mars 1 against the newer style platinum and the plat gotva bit more weight and a but more potency.... And that was the old series...... Could show many examples of grows under mars lights. Yes i had a burnt out diode but theyve adressed thst issue and the newer blues dont burn out. Why keep shitting on peoples decicions if someone had a king led or plat or any i would come in saying buy the one that i got cause its much better..... Some ppl like android and think its great others prefere iphone it just something ppl gotta get used to we cant all follow some like to break free.

And dont come back at me saying im sponsored yes i test there lights and i have my opinion which i voice it my opinion not anyone elses i tried advance i love advance lights there great i liked the twililight lights too and grow northern one too.

Offering opinion is great but badgering a guy is just rude.

9. #29 killset, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    Nobody is badgering the guy, just giving opinions. My experience with mars was completly shitty. Sharing that info isn't badgering. The guy was asking for opinions and he's been very open to hearing them. He seems like a pretty level headed dude. Let him hear all sides and make a decision. A light that burns diodes that fast isn't going to leave a very good impression. That's not bashing the op

10. Thanks my friend im seriously considering the cree style lights there just so pricey lol. But you are right if that is the direction leds are going why not right.

11. In different setting it has a different draw so you save in veg and seed considerably

I love this pic!! Cant wait to take my own!!

12. I have looked at some platinum leds they are not one im considering at this time.

The leds other then mars im looking at are

Super grow 250w spectrum king i believe

G8 by dorm grow

Area 51

Diamond

Apollo

King plus

13. #33 killset, Jan 31, 2016

Only some LEDs have multiple setting. Normally LEDs do don't change the draw, they change the spectrum. I haven't seen 1 that changes draw. My mars light was full spectrum, there was nothing to change at all

14. Ok so ive decided to do a grow with mars and also do a grow with another brand and log the results here that way the difference can be seen by myself and all and then i will build the rest of the room based on performance. It will take a lil longer to finish my room this way but i think it will be a more informed decision. Thanks for all of the advice and please any ideas for a light to run side by side let me know...

15. There's a couple grows on here rocking amare, advanced and few others. They're a step above mars for sure. Look around on here bro there's lots of led grow journals to get an idea.

16. #36 canbethewicked, Jan 31, 2016
    I have a California light works 880 solar storm, this light vegged like nothing ive ever seen. It seems to be flowering quite well also. I acquired a lighthouse hydro 720 chrome later in my grow through an ebay sale used, this light seems to flower quite well also. I have a 600 watt mh/hps digitall ballast cool tube, this light makes wicked hard buds super dense. but the mh doesn't veg as well as the solar storm.

17. Im looking through the grow journals today :)

18. I really like the solar storm lights they are just kinda outta my price range at the moment... might be a option later on though.

Ive gotten a ton of good feedback on this thread thanks for all the help this is a great community!

19. Whatever you decide to go with, good luck with your journey.

20. Only some LEDs have multiple setting. Normally LEDs do don't change the draw, they change the spectrum. I haven't seen 1 that changes draw. My mars light was full spectrum, there was nothing to change at all

</blockquote> both my. Pro series and advance you can change spectrum and draw