I made a huge mistake and dug myself into a big hole. Please help.

Discussion in 'General' started by steph_rome, Jan 30, 2016.

1. I slept with one of my long time friends who I've always had a bit of a crush on. We were "talking" for a couple of months after it first happened, and hooking up when he would come from school. I found out that a few weeks after the last time we had hooked up he got a girlfriend. (Disclaimer: I do NOT know if he cheated on her with me, but I saw him texting her the last time we were together, and she met his family a few weeks after, so it seems pretty serious now) I probably did not have a right to say anything but I felt disrespected as a friend. At that point, I told him I would have appreciated if he was honest with me and I later apologized for making it my business.All was good until last week when I went psycho since I was still hurt and made a fake Instagram and commented some very mean things on his new girlfriends pictures. I thought enough time had passed that he would not have known it was me but he and his girlfriend blocked me on everything a few days later. I feel SO awful. I don't know why I acted so crazy, childish, and out of character over such a short lived fling. I can't sleep at night my heart feels so heavy that I did this to him and lost a good friend. I am dreading seeing him or his family ever again and am humiliated. I definitely crossed the line, and I feel there's no redeeming myself.

I opened up to my mom, who asked me to not fess up and apologize which I would have liked to done (She is close with his mother, and I guess did not want to have problems.) So, I made a snapchat account under his ex girlfriends name and added his new girlfriend who snapchatted me (thinking it was his ex) saying "Heres my number if you have something to say." I said "I think I've said all I needed to, thanks." I know I now digged myself into a deeper hole, but I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of my actions this is something I never want to admit to. Im too deep in this lie to apologize now, but also feeling so sad and guilty. Any advice?

2. Lol how old are you? If your not married your relationship is pretty meaningless honestly, theres nothing tying you down even if your someones gf, especially a short fling. Now your pretending to be someone else on snapchat? Your kinda starting to sound like one of those psycho Gfs but you weren't even his GF lol. I'd just move on, cause it sounds like they have a feeling its you since you were already blocked and now you sound even more psycho trying to cover your tracks and be someone else, so quit embarrassing yourself and take this as a lesson not to get attached to anybody in this world unless they love you.

3. You sound like you're young and not too experienced at life's problems...are you 18?

4. Leave him be. There's only a small chance that their relationship will last even a year. In the mean time, focus on yourself and focus on being mentally healthy. You're probably a decent person and didn't expect to get so caught up with the guy, but at this point, you need to take a step back and realize that there are other people out in the world. Break the mold of your everyday lifestyle and get to know new people. You never know who might be the man of your dreams walking by.
    If you cannot for the life of you leave him alone, then tell him you have feelings for him. In this instance though, you'll either gain a boyfriend or lose a long time friend. In any case, good luck and I hope that good things go your way.

5. have you tried stopping making fake social media accounts and just fucking talking to him?

6. Lol.

That was a good laugh. Thanks.

7. Lmao. Aww young love. Just leave him alone. You fucked up and hopefully learn from this.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

8. Can't really tell whether you're a gay guy or an angsty teenage girl.. but yeah, either way it doesn't make a difference - do not EVER rely on other people in order to find happiness in life.

99% of relationships end up in breakups. Love is like a hardcore stimulant drug. The high is mind-blowingly fantastic.. but the lows are soul-crushing and will drain you of your self-esteem. Just say no.. and do your own thing, man. Fuck other people.

9. this is fucking brilliant haha, people who cant handle themselves emotionally and come to a random fourm where they know nobody to ask for advice. you dont sound aged for here but what i can say if this is serious is just stop doing it, when people realize they are digging a hole for themselves and keep on doing it, i really dont understand.

10. heathen!

🐜

11. There's actually plenty of good mental health forums. I'm kinda assuming that OP is a stoner, but decided to start off with an off-topic thread.

12. What made you think he was a friend in the 1st place? Sounds like he had self serving motives in mind, not your best interest. A friend thinks of you 1st. Sounds like you need new friend(s). That's .02 as a father.

13. yeah but people should sort their own shit out, i wouldnt say this would be a mental health thing and just a butthurt wee lassie

14. I don't want to hi-Jack this thread. You did ask after all. You sounded very young. I want to impart a little 'older aged viewpoint on you.' I dare not say 'wisdom'. The generations of today have lost a lot of the ability to discern truth from lies, partly, I feel, is because of the use of electronic communication. They never fully develop the ability to read one's body language because of the barrier of electronics. In my day, if you wanted to communicate instantly, you had to be able to see the person or atleast hear their voice. Just my .02

15. #15 QueenKrisR, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    In ten years you're going to want to come back in time and kick your own ass for being dumb over a dude. I promise.

16. LMFAO! What are you 15 or something? Plain and simple you fucked the fuck up and now it's tiem to own up to your mistakes shug.

17. Thats insane, bro dawg.
    Only crazy people talk to one another about feelings.

18. If she has Facebook or IG stalk her page as soon as you see relationship issues slide in the DM you'll have about 24 hours to make her fall in love with you

19. Lmao I bet your like 16 no one mature would make a fake instagram lol