Living Wage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lenny., Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think without a doubt that the minimum wage should be $15. Take Walmart as an example. They claim that if they had to pay their workers $15 an hour they would have to raise prices. Yet the Walton family owns as much wealth as the bottom 40% of the American people. Maybe instead they pay workers $15 an hour and only own 35% of the American people.
    But to levy such a charge against the great House of Walton would be a grave injustice indeed.

2. Agreed, but that isn't what I asked. What do they do now? And their kids? Just "fuck 'em."?

3. yes exactly. Fuck them. Not trying to be mean but consider ssome things.

We live in a world with limited resources. Its nice to think we should help all these kids in need, but we just can't. There just isn't enough to go around.

But guess what. If there was enough to go around, Wed end up having even more kids. That's how populations work.

Humans are not above nature. It will always be survival of the fittest.

-Yuri

4. isn't that what I said?

-Yuri

5. I know 2 girls, both have been knocked up in the last 3 months, both making minimum wage. One the condom broke and the 'dad' left. The other the pill backfired and is unsure who the father is. Neither tried to get pregnant but they both did. Neither believe that abortion is the right choice so they are keeping them. They took the normal precautions that the majority of us take but just got unlucky.

Now whats the answer here? Don't have sex until you have a steady job? The girl that was on the pill was enrolled in college but needed to drop out since her due date falls around exams. Accidents happen, surely being a single parent working at mcdonalds wasn't the career choice that they had in mind. But finding a good job is easier said then done. Most good paying jobs require a few years of experience.

6. When a girl says the pill backfired that usually means she wasnt responsible enough to take it. Being unsure of the father pretty much backs that up. Drs can pretty much nail down a very tiny time frame of conception anymore.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. that's why you wait till marriage to have sex.

Its not just some religious conservative bullshit.

Its just practical.

-Yuri

8. considering those pills have 99.9% success rate, I wouldn't be surprised if that 0.1% was girls who forget or something but lie about it.

-Yuri

9. also I feel for them but I don't see how stealing money from my paycheck (wellfare tax) is fair....

-Yuri

10. My sons mom claimed faulty pills w/ our 1st son...lol she eventually admitted faulty brain cells.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #51 firerat, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016

Life's tough. Make decision accordingly.

Again, make better decisions. Have some personal responsibility and prepare to deal with consequences.

If you choose to have sex before you can support a child, then you run the risk of getting pregnant and not being able to afford your baby. Sex is natural sex is fun but it comes with the risk of certain consequences. Nothing but abstinence is 100%.

Just like if you get in a car buzzed and kill someone. Or for those of us who live in states where toking is illegal. If we get caught, we deal with consequences. YOU made the decision. YOU bought the ticket. YOU now get to take the ride.

That's the problem with this country. It's always something or someone else's fault.

12. Well your right in a way but also wrong. Dont sleep with losers, they did now they are boned. 1 slept with a d-bag while the other doesnt even know how many dudes shes slept with. Should not be governments problem for dumb choices we make.

13. This all sounds wonderful, but misses the point. Doesn't matter what people should do, they don't do what they should. So, you have a choice, deal with them using assistance program, or have a ton of people homeless. Those are your only options.

14. I do agree, but most aren't demanding that it comes from your paycheck. The government makes it their only option.
    Again I do agree, but I doubt there are many people on this planet who waited to have sex until they could afford a child. Yes it is their responsibility but why don't we have programs available for single parents to help get them where they need. Instead of just handing them a paycheck every week lets get them educated so they don't need to rely on government funding for the next 18+ years.
    True but the one who slept with the d-bag were together for 3+ years, truly did seem like a good guy but as soon a kid was on the horizon he bailed. Nobody expected it and now she is dealing with the break-up and a pregnancy, fortunately she already paid for schooling which starts up now so I hope she at least got some of her money back. She does have a loving family to support her at least.

Yeah the other one slept around a bit but nothing to crazy, I don't feel as bad for her, was just giving some experiences that I have witnessed.

15. #55 NorseMythology, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    Where do you think government gets their money?

SPOILER

Steals it from our paycheck

16. Well ok that seems feasible I guess.

I'm all for helping someone out. What I'm not for is taking care of them for the rest of their life.

I have a feeling you and I feel the same about this. I admit I didn't read the whole thread.

17. None of this addresses my questions.

18. Go oral!

19. Haha, I had that typed out earlier but decided not to post it. It's mot like there is no option of relieving sexual tension other than baby-makin.

20. Yeah, I don't see how these discussions relate to the OP's desired topic of this thread or the OP itself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.