Notserps First Grow...Advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr. Notserp, Jan 29, 2016.

1. This is a low budget grow so no advice about spending large amounts of cash on new shit haha just little minor advice is greatly appreciated! But what up stoner's? This is some bag seed from some dankkk dj short's Flodica...I'm praying this is a female because what a great seed. Anyways she's just over 3 weeks old, starting her 6th node and is only 3 inches high...she does get about 6 hours of direct sunlight a day...other then that she's under my 5 socket lamp with two 42 watt 2,700k, two 23 watt 6,700k and a 13w 2,700k I think about 9,000 lumens maybe a little shy, but ya then it's all surrounded by a car windshield thing haha the plant is thriving........ Also germinating a purple crack seed as I type thi

Attached Files:

2. I think you should spend large amounts of money on new shit

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. haha the first guy I knew it would go some shit like that thanks for nothing but your wasted time ha

btw I think my plant looks pretty good for what it's got, look at the internode growth how large it is already and I haven't even LST

4. My time here wasn't wasted. Good day

5. point is I ask for people nottttt to say that basically saying I understand I need better shit but you don't seem to comprehend that

6. I comprehended that

7. #7 Mr. Notserp, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    So your just "that guy" ha....it's cool

8. Nope I'm not "that guy", just "a guy".

9. Ditch the 13 watters and replace them with stronger bulbs.

An inch per week is an intolerably slow growth rate, but it looks healthy.

Good luck, hope it's a female :bongin:

10. #10 PNWClosetGrower, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    Your gonna want to at least put a fan on the plants to make them sway and strengthen up the branches. Any house fan should do for a setup that size. it does look really good for what you've got setup, you have a full spectrum of lights in there. I think you'll get something, not a QP from it but something. I can see your getting decent growth and your nodes aren't 6 inches apart so i think your onto something. Curious to see how it goes for ya man.My bad i didn't see the fan in the pic but now i do. I think you got it as long as you have something to feed them with.

11. I've seen a lot of people spend a lot more money and get a lot less at the point your at.

12. #13 mackymack, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    hi I am in dying need this is my first grow and I want to know if my AF's look healthy it's just 1 plant I think she's healthy but I need a new set of eyes 00 bubble gum 54w full spectrum vigaro organic and fox farm mix (indoor)

Attached Files:

13. Ok so I ditched the CFL's and got her under a 24 watt Apollo LED just for now...within the next few days I'm ordering a grow tent and a 130 watt Mars Hydro LED panel but ya she's 3 inches working on her 6th node and look at that internode broth already..... And I'm moving her to that bigger pot in the pictures and using fox farm.....what nutrients should I get for flowering and how much and how often? Thanks

Attached Files:

14. an inch a week is intolerable grow rate? I think your wrong I think it's nodes that matter .... 6 nodes in 3 weeks and my internodes are like working on there second set of leafs already...I believe my plants at above average..... @Thicken Dense

15. I also might throw the CFL's in the grow tent for some more lumens to but I'm pretty sure the Mars hydro will handle things....

16. I've read on other forums that this DJ Short Flodica strain is very hearty to grow and is a fun grow so I'm pray it's a bitch!!!! But I'm loving on her a lot right now as you can tell but for my first time I'm doing good...so I'm scared to top her cause I heard all strains don't like that and stress is the last thing I wanna do.... Should I LST???? Or should I just go natural for my first time????

17. Topping is pointless in my opinion, just lst it. Its not a big deal. I think it's ridiculous its even called training. You literally bend a plant over and tie it down. It can not get any easier. There's no training involved. It wouldn't be training if I just tied my dogs to the ground and left them.

Here's why i don't top.When you top you remove 1 bud site so 2 can grow larger. This stresses the plant and slows it down while it heals.

Lst a plant and all 3 bud sites grow larger and the plant isn't slowed down.

I just recently topped a plant for the 1st time in several years to purposely slow it up so other plants can catch up to it. It was started a week before the others. Other then that I see no point in topping. I used to top everything. I started scrogging and a guy suggested I don't top. Next thing I knew my nets were filling up faster. Applied that to the plants I lst and found topping them to be a waste of time too

18. sweet I'll LST it then...it still seems to short maybe I'll wait a little...how much can I expect this to gain in size when I flower it?

19. You'll here people in here say 2-3 times the size. I've never had any plant triple in size. Every strain is different man. 1 of my favorite strains of all time is god bud. I wish that plant would stretch some in flower. It hardly stretches at all but grows some fat buds. Other strains I have double. Indica leaning strains usually stretch less. Now I know you said its a bag seed from some dj shorts flodica. How do you know? If some dealer just told you that's what the bag of weed was, you can't always rely on the info. However if you know the grower the bag came from you can search strain info and grow reports to get some sort of idea what to expect. Look for grow reports from an experienced growers of that strain. Can't always rely on someone's 1st grow, grow report being accurate. Might help you get some info. I have zero knowledge of that strain