New Grower Setup help with pics

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by AutoDan, Jan 28, 2016.

1. #1 AutoDan, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
    Hi guys, new Grower here. Got a few bits for my set up, grow tent, reflecter. Was given a rvk 4inch and rhino carbon filter pro. Had been used for 2 previous grows. which is what gave me the idea to grow instead of spending 20 pound everyday for what about 1.5g off the local dealer. Some pictures below of setup so far.

Bits still needed
    600w dimmable ballast, still deciding which one.
    Bulbs again still deciding.
    Fan for air cooled reflector
    5inch ducting
    Nutrients
    Seeds
    Soil as decided to have a got at soil grow for first time.
    Few other bits and bobs like ducting and so on.
    Probably loads more bits as well.

Let me know if you spot anything wrong or any recommendations will be grateful.
    Unfortunately until my grow shed is built I am doing 1 or 2 grows in my dining room.

Couple of questions.

1. I have the fan on full, also the 8 inch hole at the bottom fully open with all other ports shut off. The tent is slightly pulling in on the sides. From what I have read this is good isn't it? Negative pressure? I'm just testing it 😊 and so excited like a kid in a toy shop lol.

2. The tent is next to my chimney breast that has a vent on it. Can I vent what will be the 5inch reflector ducting and the extractor ducting out through a Y bend and both out the chimney vent? And should I put one of those shutters on the other end? As you can hear the wind hurling down the chimney sometimes.

Sorry for long post. Let me know what you think.

Tent is a black orchid 1mx1mx2m this is the first tent I have had and I must say I am impressed. The zips and the material feels like quality. Had misses shut me in everything sealed or ports closed and even with room light on it was pitch black in the tent. Especially for £50 delivered. They claim to be diamond mylar inside as well haven't a clue there, looks nice thou haha.

Reflector is black orchid 5 inch sealed air cooled. Again seems like quality piece of kit for the price. You guys will probably tell me different if I'm wrong I'm sure lol.

Ignore the 4 inch ducting just for test purpose will be going up the chimney once get some info from you guys.

You can see the vent I'm talking about.

Also the temp and humidity that's just in there to see what I'm getting as I know it will be different with light and plants in there. I have got the heating on in the house so obviously warm air is getting blown in there. I'm thinking maybe with light on even thou fan will be cooling light thing Temps night rise abit.

Hard to take pic of but last pic or first is of the side of the tent wondering if you can make out the sucked in sides. Wondered how much should they be sucking in to create a good negative pressure. And the inlet will have 8 inch black pipe with a couple of bends to light proof it will that be enough the 8 inch hole for inlet?

Right no more now that's enough sorry again about long post.

Thanks guys

EDIT sorry about some of pics look abit distorted on phone when viewing them. Well on mine anyway.

Attached Files: