Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Juicing for CBD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Bill P, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Hello - first time poster here.

I would appreciate any and all input on juicing for CBD.

My understanding is as follows;

In the early vegetative state there is relatively little THCa and CBDa in the plant - a low concentration in the leaves.
    In the flowering state, the plant begins concentrating THCa and CBDa in the trichomes on the buds and top leaves, not so much on the fan leaves.
    A delay in harvest will result in some conversion fo THCa to CBDa.

After harvest THCa and CBDa are usually converted to THC and CBD by drying, heating, smoking, vaporizing, oxidation, exposure to alcohol or other solvents, in a process called decarboxylation.

The main therauputic benefit for CBD is by juicing the CBDa fresh from the plant that has not experienced decarboxylation; with cutting of just enough for current use in order to keep CBDa fresh.

So best source of CBD would be a high CBD strain picked at late stage of flowering.
    Next best source would be buds of high CBD strain taken before completion of flowering.
    Third best source would be buds or leaves from mid-to-late flowering.

My reason for posting is that I see several conflicting suggestions on the internet; one shows harvesting leaves from a plant in vegetative state prior o flowering and uses 5-7 leaves to add to herbal smoothie. Another recommendation is to use 15 leaves and one or two buds added in jucier - so this clearly comes from flowering stage. Another suggested that one may have to juice up to one half of a plant per day to get enough CBD - this I assume is from vegetative pre-flowering state when THCa and CBDa concentrations are low.

So my question is: If one wanted to harvest for optimum CBD medical benefit when and what part of plant is optimum and how much of plant is necessary per dosage??

Second question: To get a continuous supply of fresh CBDa, you would constantly need a plant in last two weeks of flowering ready for harvest, meaning multiple plants at different stages in the grow room.

Third question: And if fresh harvest could be done over longer period of say 4-6 weeks (accepting that a greater amount of plant might be consumed per day due to relatively lower CBDa concentrations) about 5-6 plants would be needed so that one plant was always ready for fresh CBDa?

2. To set up for a continuous supply of enough CBDa; I am thinking of two grow rooms:

Room 1: Two mother plants for clones and small clones at various stages of growth. Light at 18+ hrs per day.

Room 2: For flowering at 12/12 light with plants of various stages aka proximity to harvest.

Sounds right to anyone???

3. For juicing leaves the highest concentrations of cbd are going to be before the flowering stage. Once it starts flowering more goes into the buds. My doctor recommended juicing 5-10 fresh leaves a day to heal stomach and intestinal problems.