Is 500 to much to spend on a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Cadillac08, Jan 27, 2016.

1. #21 carlsbarn, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    I've got a 15$ acrylic with an 18$ glass bowl...will get me just as high as any bong out there. Also the acrylic is virtually indestructible.

2. Yes, for a short answer. If you have that money laying around, without anything else you'd want at least 300$ total, then by all means do it! Else, buy a 300$ bong and save up 200$.

3. I don't mean to be 'that guy' but If $500 is a lot of money to you or you have like $0 in savings I wouldn't drop half a grand on a bong (or something that could do the same thing for $30-100). At the end of the day the extra $450 isn't going to make the bong get you any higher.

4. ^^^^ agreed. If you even have to ask the question then its out of your price range.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #25 Cadillac08, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    Surprised how many people said yes I thought brands like Sheldon blAck, illedelph and roors were all in that price range and allot of blades have these brands on here and up here in canada these will actually cost 300-600$

6. Almost all there prodo stuff is still under 500. Normally 200-400 for there stuff

7. #27 Cadillac08, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    If you go to there website and look at the Canadian dealers websites you will see the real deal, unless maybe your talking 200-400
    U.S.

8. I couldn't imagine paying more than maybe $50 on any piece. Maybe a better vaporizer if I decide to stick with no combustion. Jury is still out on that.

I mean it would have to be something truly special. Like a custom piece or I watched the dude make it or something. Then I likely wouldn't use it and just display it.

But $500? For a bong? Does it come with weed?

9. Yes, it is too much.

10. To much for me. Most I would spend is 70 bucks lol but to each there own.

11. I don't think so Tim.

12. If you are a serious collector, i say go for it. My limit is around $250.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I don't think I've spent more than $500 combined on all my pieces through out my life. What's the point? Put the money into better weed. A bong's a bong, the weed doesn't know that it cost $20 or $500. But what the fuck do I know? We have so many glass blowers around here that glass pipes cost around $7 and glass bongs not much more.

14. What you smoke and how you smoke it go hand in hand. You don't smoke Blue dream in a cheap rig. Its like wearing a tux to eat at taco bell. Imo.

15. LOL whatever.

16. Yep.

17. I should of said 350 U.S. Dollars cause that's about 500$ Canadian and most of you are from us so is 350$ TOO MUCH?

18. #38 Cadillac08, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    I also beg to differ that a smoking tool is a tool I hate home made bongs and pipes they make your buds taste like shit and smoking experience horrible so would rather pay the price for a piece of glass I want and make it great

19. I really have to disagree with you there; "Don't be tight" or "be chill" or "be COOL" .... sure if you honestly do not mind the fact that the piece will break, then share away. But if you work hard and spend high triple digits then maybe just keep the piece for your own enjoyment, and maybe a close couple people you can really trust.

As for spending $500 on a bong.... we'll it really depends what it is you are getting. Higher end pieces are usually more expensive for a reason, TO a CERTAIN extent. You can justify spending $500 on a Mobius Matrix -now that is a real nice piece of glass. However I can not justify spending $2500 on a custom collab piece - as I see this more like art work than something you would hit regularly (unless you got the money?)

I have spent $200 on a piece, then another $100 on a HIGH quality downstem, then another $100 on a real nice bowl, and simply quality can not compare to that of $100-150 piece, definitely not a $50 piece. However, someone did end up breaking it by mistake, and that someone does not even smoke.... Accidents happen :(
    Would I purchase another expensive piece? If budget allows and I actually want another piece (which I sort of think I do :smoking: I would not mind spending that much)

Ps. If anyone is looking for a nice piece, a great mix between quality and art; http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/grav-labs-limited-edition-clear-glass-snic-hardware-rig-with-patina-finish.html#.Vrd6PLTEZkg
    ^I WOULD SO BUY THAT, if I was shopping for a piece right now!

20. If you have the extra cash then its reasonable. But thats coming from a guy with a $400+ bong and a $1300+ sublimator...