Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My wife is very sick and need your help GC

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by guygreenthumbs, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Hello everyone. My wife is very sick and hasn't been getting any better. I would like to grow a strain that would help her deal with her symptoms. I will list the symptoms below. Please help me pick a strain or two from Nirvana Seed Co since they are the only outlet I trust.. your help is greatly appreciated and hopefully we can get my wife feeling better here soon. Thank you.

Her symptoms include
    Headaches
    Tired
    Joint pain
    Appetite
    Nerve pain
    Low body weight

2. You find this info on leafy.com I believe

3. Do you realize that it'll be 3-4 months till you have herb? Go ahead and grow, folks might have great suggestions but in the interim it sounds like she needs to go to the doc.

4. Trust me. I've spent thousands of dollars with doctors trying to get her help. We are going broke from all the medical bills that are getting us no help. I currently have northern lights that she uses and says it's the only thing that helps her. I just wanted to see if there are better strains I can try to help her.. we are doing the best we can but there doesn't seem to be an easy answer and the doctors just keep running me up a new $1000 Bill for new testing everytime we see them with no new results.

5. Searching Nirvana Seed for a high CBD strain: https://www.nirvanashop.com/en/search?search_query...

https://www.nirvanashop.com/en/feminized-marijuana...
    https://www.nirvanashop.com/en/feminized-marijuana...

However I have not used Nirvana. I started using Seedsman.eu and find them to be excellent with quality (100% germination) service (excellent information) and delivery (stealth mode).

If you look at this link and click on the very small graph at the left hand side below the picture, there is a graph of the relative amounts of THC, CBD, etc. .http://www.seedsman.com/en/cbd-hammer-shark-femini...

I am no doctor but the symptoms you describe sound like an autoimmune disorder (Lupus, Scleroderma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Mixed connective Tissue Disease, etc.). High CBD strains are known to fight inflammation that causes joint pain for autoimmune disorders .For chromic pain and other symptoms a high CBD may be of great medicinal benefit.

Best wishes for some quick relief.

6. Hyperthyroidism?

7. I know we are all paid professionals, but you should seek someone in the medical field, firstly.

🐜

8. "I know we are all paid professionals, but you should seek someone in the medical field, firstly."
    Yeah dude he did and it didn't work. Super funny joke though since this is for sure the most appropriate thread to sprinkle in your little witticisms about our lack of knowledge.

9. being that I offered a viable suggestion and you just shit posted, I think you are the one out of school.
    1454203856672.jpg

🐜

10. Your wife's symptoms sound familiar. I suspect she may have fibromyalgia. Unless you see a Rheumatologist very early on, it can take years and a few misdiagnoses before getting to the correct one. And if you think getting to the diagnosis is frustrating, living with it is where the real difficulties begin. The pain and insomnia are an endless cycle that sufferers refer to as "painsomnia."

A National Pain Survey determined that medicinal cannabis is the only thing that is truly effective in treating fibromyalgia pain and insomnia, particularly high CBD cannabis. However, getting it prescribed, even in most places where medicinal cannabis is legal, is very difficult. A lot of doctors don't believe fibromyalgia is a real condition. Even those that do are really insensitive to the amount of pain people who have it are really in because pain is very subjective.

If this is what your wife may have, I'm afraid you're not quite done with medical bills. Get a referral to a Rheumatologist. They can run a blood test for Rheumatoid arthritis, but the test for fibromyalgia is simple. They apply pressure to certain tender spots. If they're painful, it's considered a positive result.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I tend to agree with Canny Tonic above. When I started reading the list of symptoms you provided, fibromyalgia immediately popped into my head. I'm not a doctor mind you, but spent about 20 years in the medical field as a medical transcriptionist which is a job where you sit and listen to doctors dictate for 8 hours a day. You wouldn't believe how much info you pick up from listening to dictation, but everything in her list pretty much lines up with fibromyalgia. Since fibromyalgia is a diagnosis they tend to pin on someone when they absolutely can't find anything else, it can take years to get officially diagnosed. My heart goes out to your wife! Another route you might consider is the naturopathic approach. We have a lady in our area who sees people and treats them the natural way with supplements, etc. I have some friends who have gotten further with her than actually following medical doctors' advice. Hope you guys can get things figured out and that your wife can get better soon!! TWW

12. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR BEING RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE OF THE OPINION OF OTHERS. AFTER ALL, YOUR OPINION CARRIES NO MORE WEIGHT THAN ANYONE ELSES. Though I don't know him personally, sativa is one of the most helpful members on this forum and you're definitely stepping out of line with your comment above!!! An apology is owed my friend and it should be from YOU to him for your insensitive smartass remark above!! Grow up and realize that you're nothing special....just one of many with an opinion, and a smart mouth. TWW

13. Here are some strains for fibromyalgia. Bubblegum being first. ✌leafly provided info.

Attached Files:

14. There are 210 strains but someone who uses it for fibromyalgia may be able to assist you better.

15. "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR BEING RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE OF THE OPINION OF OTHERS. AFTER ALL, YOUR OPINION CARRIES NO MORE WEIGHT THAN ANYONE ELSES. Though I don't know him personally, sativa is one of the most helpful members on this forum and you're definitely stepping out of line with your comment above!!! An apology is owed my friend and it should be from YOU to him for your insensitive smartass remark above!! Grow up and realize that you're nothing special....just one of many with an opinion, and a smart mouth. TWW"

These are exactly the kind of unhelpful reactions I got when trying to get info about cannabis and my leukemia, in real life. This is the real world I have no obligation to be friendly though I will follow the grasscity guidelines. I know what it's like to be in pain and get told to go back to the doctors. I don't know if I'm special or not man but I don't think it's really relevant, this thread needs to be about helping OP who desperately needs advice.

16. Biggest problem with "medical" cannabis is every damm stoner wants to get their doctors note and be legal. It taints any effort to truly legitimize MM. So good luck finding any real doctor to give you advise on it.

My wife has similar condition. She was diagnosed with lupus many years ago. Now in the past 5 years or so was diagnosed with fibrymyalgia, then IBS. She cannot tolerate any of the meds like Lyrica or Savella.
    She gets relief from good strong indica's like northern lights. I am currently trying to find a good true medical supplier (not a just another stoner front) to get and try a high CBD strain.
    If you haven't, find a good rheumatologist.
    Try a few strains to find out what works for her. Keep a diary on what she feels and takes.

17. that's so kind, but you must have me mistaken (I kid, sorta)
    my issue is with giving medical help is that it's medical

the road to hell was paved with good intentions
    if you don't feel comfortable with your doctor, I suggest finding another doc.

🐜

18. OP, have you done an extensive hormone profile?

19. ^^this^^

20. It sounds like fibro except fibro doesn't cause joint pain, its more soft tissue pain. RA & OA joint pain. And we tend to gain weight not be thin. But def. an autoimmune disorder brewing there I think. 250 mg magnesium at bedtime, epsom salt baths, vitaminD, Time release B complex in am, omega 3's. Maybe you need an endocrinologist.