Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

STRICTLY for the ROLLERS: WHY do you like to roll?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TomsTray, Jan 25, 2016.

1. So I'm doing a bit of personal research, and I'm looking into the art of rolling in particular. For all you seasoned tokers out there who PREFER to roll a good doobie instead of packing the bowl, WHY? Is there a particular emotional connection you have to rolling joints? Is it more of a ritualistic thing or do you simply smoke J's for the taste? Is the experience of chilling on the couch or walking thru the park with a joint more enjoyable? Looking for some anecdotes or personal experiences that maybe have influenced why you like joints over other smoking apparatuses lol

Just looking for some honest answers that will maybe give me further insight as to why we like to roll up instead of packing pieces (which is becoming soooo prevelant nowaday).

For me I can say I honestly view it as an artform, I take pride in the ability to roll a solid smoke, I have control over how I want it to hit....i guess I see it as more "customizable". Plus my first time toking I "borrowed" a couple nugs from my pops and seen he had the classic orange zig-zag pack with his stash, so I followed suit. I dont want to influence anyones answer so I'll stop there. I look forward to hearing everyones responses. This is my first post on here BTW been coming to this site for years, and finally have a reason to post :). Thanks!

2. Welcome to GrassCity Forums!
    I love rolling joints, because of the following reasons.
    They're easy and quick to roll.
    All you need is papers and weed and you're ready to smoke.
    In popular culture, joints are the king of the screen. Joints are the national symbol for getting high.
    The way joints smoke is so smooth, and you can get pretty large hits, even off of the smallest joint.
    Joints can be smoked down to nothing, they're an efficient way of getting stoned quick.
    Joints are awesome. Plus if you're around people who can't roll, you're pretty much god.

3. To get better at rolling.

4. I roll joints because they are convenient, I can roll a nice joint and actually enjoy smoking it.

5. Rolling a joint is relaxing to me. Roll a joint and take my dog out for a walk while I enjoy my J. Bliss. Although I find that rolling joints tend to use up more weed then a glass piece would. So I try my best to mix it up every now and then, but overall paper over glass.

6. Follow up question for you! I recently got to visit Europe and I noticed that a lot of people in Spain were rolling cigs on-the-go. Do people in the UK use rolling trays??

7. I def view it as an art form becaus everyone does it a little different. When I was in college literally nobody knew how to roll, everyone had their own pieces or bongs so they'd always come to me to do it. I used to be shit and it would take me like 15 mins to roll a blunt now it takes me only a couple mins and I've gotten so good I've even done it while driving lol. I keep a frisbee under my passenger seat for whenever it needs to go down. I really like rolling my own weed because sometimes when you get a person that does a shit job it just kind of ruins the experience and wastes the weed.

8. Some do but I use a sweet tub, all my shit goes in there and I roll on top, here's a few random pics of it ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453933130.504704.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453933152.887561.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453933193.343975.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453933338.744490.jpg

9. Living in an illegal state I like to roll a couple of J's when going to the beach or swimming at the springs.

Really makes me paranoid knowing I could catch a paraphernalia charge by having a piece in the car, even without any weed...I could easily eat a couple of joints if I had to.

Not to mention if I'm burning a J it looks like I'm smoking a cig, unlike having to constantly spark a lighter to use a bowl....

10. Well for me it's a art I guess you could say I've been rolling for a few months now been smoking for 3-4 years daily for 2yrs, I've just always smoked from a joint I guess it's the way of life for me, my whole family smokes joint, I've gotten better at rolling these last few months tho blunts are a lot harder I guess I have to practice more on them, tho those use slot of weed so I only use them when I'm with a group of people, I've smoked from joints-blunts and have done 3 brownies, also thc pills

11. Rolling is a relaxing process in it of itself to me. Sitting down with a simple wrap or paper and hand making the joint/blunt adds to the experience in a special way. Though pipes and such may conserve better rolling is quite a good time and if you have the bud why not roll a few joints?

-Relaxing
    -Adds to the experience
    -Builds up excitement
    -For the occasional roller, it's inexpensive, a dollar for 24+ papers is dirt cheap

12. -easier on the lungs
    -lasts longer than a bowl
    -portable and disposable
    -good for groups
    -makes a nice gift to a friend in need. I like to travel with a couple of joints rolled up, have no problem giving one away if someone is dry.

13. Because I can't bring a bong to work.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

14. #15 5cooby Doo, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    Because;
    Easily portable
    Glass always ends up breaking (your fault or not!)
    I could probably roll a perfect joint faster than you could pack your bowl [​IMG][​IMG]
    ..it really is an art!

15. When rolling i know how to roll by hand but i like using my rolling machine becuz they come out looking like perfect cigarettes & they hit so smooth ... then the roach isnt all tiny n shit .. i can actually enjoy a roach for the wake n bake shot ..

16. I enjoy the whole process of it... from rolling a roach, quartering my skin and producing a perfect lookin custom joint to satisfy my needs, i also have tweezers to pick sticks and stems out; Like a true connosieur! :)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Joints are for friends and being social. When I roll one its because I'm sharing and spreading the love.

18. Firstly, I LOVE taking big big bong rips it's my favourite but as a rule of thumb I usually prefer to smoke joints. I used to smoke bongs everyday but after having a mental episode I quit for a few months. Now to keep me on the straight and narrow I find that by buying my weed and rolling it all into candles and keeping them in my stash tin is a much easier way to manage and monitor my usage. I cut down a lot too.

Plus joints are so much versatile when you're out and about but more importantly they are badass.

Here's one I smoked a couple weeks ago.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454639137.512248.jpg

19. #20 DontFearTheReefer, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    I usually smoke outta glass but started smoking j's with the old man as a teen and it kindve just stuck lol reminds me of then, also the taste of a nicely rolled doobie after a 12 hr shift laying in bed before I fall asleep...Cant beat that :)