NEW GROW SET UP NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by rackem122333, Jan 25, 2016.

1. here are pictures of my full set up, the dimensions of the tent are Length 8ft, width 4 ft, and height 7ft, i am using the 600w mh light with a 400cfm fan attached to suck hot air off the bulb and through the ducting, out the top of the tent, i have an oscillating fan set to low blowing over my canopy, the passive intake on the bottom of the tent is open right by the oscillating fan. my light is precisely 30 inches over my canopy, how close should the light be? and i am noticing one of my plants soil drys up before the other two, is this one receiving more light than the others? how much space am i covering with my 600w mh? the pots i am using are approximately 8 inches tall and there is a picture of my hand next to it for comparison, if anyone knows how big these pots are please let me know because i am trying to figure out precisely how much i need to water and when i need to water, my temperature is fluctuating around 75-82 degrees F. my Humidity is at 20%. also if anyone here has any experience, when is the earliest i should top?

Attached Files:

2. Knowing when to water takes experience watching your plants and feeling the soil, looks like your pots are not quite full but at least 1 gal . the light distance is good for now but can be lowered a little later on and the 600 watt hid covers a 3 x 3' footprint.. Invest in pH & tds meters as they play a critical role in plant health and growth, lastly keep your temps under 80 to avoid excess water uptake to keep themselves cooled off through evaporation.. Ej

3. thanks man i appreciate the advice! i try to keep it below 80 but im getting a steady 82, is that going to make a difference between life or death? and i have a ph meter but i dont really understand tds.

4. They will live fine, just use more water,. Above 85 the growth slows down . I have cool air going separate to the hid light and grow room with a fan on each keeping temps around 75 with a 1000 watt hood.. A tds or ppm meter will help in feeding as checking your runoff will tell ya how much your plants are consuming and weather you need more or less food.. Ej