If you could live in any country for 5 years.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Seajaycj, Jan 25, 2016.

1. #1 Seajaycj, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    if you could take all your friends and family and move another county for 5 years where would you go. I would go to Japan, because I love Japanese food and anime and manga and all the high tech stuff, I also like how Japan looks in the city with all the lights and stuff and the houses look so cool to me and the architecture of everything is nice too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Probably Canada. BC. The only bummer, is that it gets too damn cold in the winter.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree with the OP
    I would pick Tokyo Japan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Canada, Japan, Ireland those are my only three choices right now. I too love anime and manga and I love Irish music.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    LA
    Germany
    Spain seaside

6. New Zealand.

7. Come to Vancouver Island. People think of Canadian winters as bad, but out here we don't even get any snow half the time.

• Like Like x 2

8. Yeah! And you guys have the best weed in Canada too!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Always been intrigued by Australia, especially Perth

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Of all the places I have been to;
    Iceland
    Germany
    Spain
    France
    Lithuania
    Saudi
    Kuwait
    Oman
    Panama
    Bahrain
    Qatar
    Denmark
    Canada
    NE Africa
    Egypt
    Iraq
    Afghanistan
    England
    And a few others slipping my old brain.

I admire lots from each place but always seem to yearn for heading back home to Florida and East Tennessee. Love them hills.

Germany has a awesome transit system and are masters of living in top of each other. Autobahn still has some fast areas.

Oman has wonderful fishing and diving and the most tolerant of Islamic nations. Nothing like throwing back a beer with men in their traditional garb.

Lithuania and it's retro Soviet buildings that look ghetto from the outside but amazingly clean and modern inside. Fun beaches and Fun people once u get to know them.

EU taxes are insane but not without benefits.

Canada and it's vastness and empty zones were a surprise to me. The people were pleasant.

Most of the middle eastern laws do not allow u to become a citizen easily if at all. Plus the repressive kingdoms and sultanates really shit on free speech. Do not mock or make fun of the leaders not to mention the religion. Holy crap they are harsh.

USA, nothing like having the night shift and still finding shops or diners open 24-7. Our cities are mostly parasitic crap but the rural areas make up for it. Regardless of my disdain and prejudices for urbanites I still meet good people when u can get them convinced u are not some psycho weirdo for starting a conversation.

So, USA is still the land of immigrants (most of me and my family are not from the US) and has a better blending than most nations out there. If u think we are polarized u need to get out more. I find it hard to get used to when the near all white nationals of other European countries ask me about the blacks in our country using the n word.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dubai...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lets go to turkey. Merhaba Kardesim :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I'm an Englishman born and bred. I've visited about 30 countries and even lived for a while in a few of them... but the only place I could imagine hanging my hat is Australia. It truly is God's country and it will forever be my home.

That said, I could probably live and love for a while in Bali.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Japan.
    Car spotting.

15. If you like smoking weed no you don't.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. I love smoking cannabis but would have no problem laying off for some time. Not worth the risk in Japan for sure!
    If I was to move permanently I'd buy a bunch of land keep to myself and grow quietly.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Probably anywhere that isn't America. But to be more specific I'd like to go to Hawaii. It seems to be very relaxed over there and I like warm weather. :D

18. What happens if you get caught in Japan?

19. It is like a class 1 drug there and you will get prison time not jail time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

20. Lol that's messed up. I didn't know it was like that In Japan. I am not going back to prison tho especially over there :blink: