Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Still feeling high? help

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bangbros1234, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Hello everyone,
    First off, I hope I am posting this in the right spot. This is my first time being on this site and I really need to ask this question because I havent seen any similar ones that fit my situation. Anyways, I am 19 right now and just got done with my first semester of college. I first smoked in the winter of my junior year, roughly two years ago. The first couple of times I toked with some friends, I don't think I was smoking right because I did not get high and I am pretty sure I was not inhaling correctly. The 4th/5th time I smoked, I was with 4 or 5 friends in their garage taking bong tokes. To put it mildly, I got REALLY high. I had never touched a bong before, and there was something about smoking from a bong that made me higher than the previous times, to the point of getting scared and anxious. I felt out of touch with reality, and I wanted to go home. After that experience, I felt like I had changed. I woke up the next morning and felt like I was still mildly under the influence of the marijuana. Time passed (maybe a week) before I smoked again, and it didn't go away. None of my friends felt similar, they all said they were fine. Thinking it was just in my head, I kept smoking about once or twice a week for the next year, still feeling the same the whole time. Although I was able to go through school and get good grades, the feeling was still there, and still is now. I never worried about it because I thought it was me "maturing" and I didn't have the time nor effort to pursue it because it really wasn't affecting me much.
    Over the past year, I have been smoking more regularly (3-5 times per week). The whole time, I was able to keep up my social relationships, get good grades, and manage my life fine. To be honest, I mostly smoked because y friends did and I never had any real issues with it. I had friends who dropped out of high school, developed other mental problems that they claim were triggered by weed, but I have always thought I was immune. I now feel differently. While I was able to act normal and tell myself that I felt normal too, I always knew that I was somehow changed by smoking. I am writing this because I started doing research on it and it seems that there are others that got really high and never fully escaped it. I feel like I am not the controller of my own actions. I am sitting here typing this rapidly and it feels like it really isn't me, like I am being controlled by an outside force. I really want this feeling to go away. I haven't smoked for a week, and it hasn;t gone away. The longest I have ever gone without smoking was 28 days, (back in September 2015) and it never went away then either.
    I want to know: If I quit smoking for good (months without toking) will this feeling fully subside? I have been getting feelings of depression lately, like there is no point for me to be alive because we all die anyways. I can't be happy like I used to be. I don't know if this is because of something going on in my head or because of me smoking. Since there is like a two year window that I haev been smoking, I don't know where everything fits in, like if I am less happy becacause because of maturing, or if it i because of smoking. I have stopped for 28 days before, so I know it is somwthing I can do if I watn to. The only reason I smoke still is because when I go back to my hometown, it is the only thing to do. If anyone knows of ways to get this feeling out or some similar experiences please let me know, I just want to be fully rid of the pot and I feel like I will go back to normal. How long will it take? Sorry for any typos

2. I would pay any medical scientist to have me feel the way you do. I would save soooo much money and never complain about the feeling not going away. I love being stoned.

3. It isn't feeling the positive effects of being stoned. It's just feeling out of touch with my senses and reality

4. i would lay off using any marijuana for a couple months. its not gonna hurt if you do...

5. You're ripe for developing mental health issues, you could be depersonalizing because of that. Then come the depressive spells, yada yada yada. Talk to a health care professional and ffs quit smoking.

6. lay off it for a while, like a really long while, i suggest 6-12 months and when you feel ready then get stoned a little, not too much, if you feel the same then i wouldnt consider trying weed for a few years because at that point its just not for you.

7. #7 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    You reached the level above human

Seriously, it could be Post-Acute Withdrawal when you feel high or sick after you sobered up. You're sober, THC is not in your body at all and it's all in your head

or

Depersonalization, is common among people that took too much of psychedelic
    (Marijuana being mild psychedelic and not so mild with edibles)

or

You discovered a hidden mental condition that high brought up, do you have anyone in the family with schizophrenia?

8. most likely this, i had it as well as many many others

9. I do have a brother with severe mental health issues (schizo/psychosis) that my parents think got triggered by weed. I am definitely going to stop smoking for a long time. For depersonalization, which I probably have, will it most likely go away if I stop smoking?

10. it will go away if you stop, some people can take a lot longer than others though. Mines took about 2 ,months to go away

11. That's good to hear. Weed was just a casual thing for me, so I don't think I'll have huge problems stopping, just glad to hear it will go away eventually. Did anything besides abstaining from smoking help you get rid of it?

12. well I noticed exercise and keeping my mind occupied really helped with it. Just make sure that you know that you are not crazy and that it will go away and it will slowly start to get less noticeable

13. it takes months for marijuana to fully leave your system. 28 days wasn't enough, quit for at least three months and if you still fell the same way go to a therapist who specializes in drug addiction (I know you are not a drug addict but that type of therapist knows exactly how marijuana effects the brain/personality, etc... ). It's possible smoking has triggered depression in you, that's what it sounds like, therapy and medication can help you! First step is to QUIT smoking though, the symptoms you are describing are only going to get worse or stay the same if you keep doing it.

14. I have the same problem, any updates?