Yellowing two weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by i.am.a.guest, Jan 25, 2016.

1. I am using some recycled soil from a batch I made last year. A few weeks before I started to use this again I added some alfalfa meal, kelp meal, neem meal, worm castings, and some dolomite lime.

Everything was great going through veg. A couple weeks into flowing and I'm starting to see some pale leaves and yellowing.

I've applied a kelp paste 'tea' with some aloe vera juice and coconut water a couple times as a foliar and used the remaining for a drench.

Do you think I need to give it some nitrogen or just top dress it with some more compost / worm castings?

I should also add I've been a tad worried about temps. During the lights off cycle it gets 60 degrees. Lights on I'm at 80.

2. i would try coots vermicompost slurry:

1/4 cup of kelp meal
    3 gallons of water
    Aerate this for 24 - 36 hours and now you have a kelp meal tea.
    Add 2 gallons of EWC and aerate that for another 24 - 36 hours.
    Apply this at about 1.5" thick on your soil.

3. I'm not an organic grower so no clue on that, but even though you've got a pretty wide variation in temps there, as long as you keep it around the low 80's as a high, they'll be OK. The 60's is OK too for a low. They're a lot hardier than most people give them credit for. Good luck with them. TWW

4. I need to say that the yellowing that happens in an organic garden seems to be very random for me. I've been using the same soil for quite a few years now so I am pretty familiar with it. I'll often get run's that come out perfectly fine with little to no yellow wing going on until very late In flower, but then other times I will get single plants here and there that yellow 2 to 4 weeks into flower (or at least much earlier than usual) and I have no idea why. It's not the soil, it's not the strains and seems to be random for me.

These days I just don't let it bother me. The buds still always end up coming out perfectly fine so the heck with it. I'll reuse the soil on the following run and everything will come out green so who the heck knows LOL

J

5. I have had this problem recently and what slowed it down to the point of stopping was epsom salts in the water and top dressing with about a tablespoon of lime. Its really been a nuisance on my GSC Fam cut more than any others, OG and Tahoe OG to name a couple. I attributed it to a mg/cal deficiency but I could be totally wrong. Either way, I have a very large indoor grow and it seems to have affected the girls potted with Sunshine #4 and not Promix HP, so I guessed lime and calmag.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I topped it off with some more worm castings and mushroom compost then watered with it a kelp and seed sprout tea. It doesn't look like the yellowing has rapidly advanced so I'm just gonna sit back and watch it work.

I noticed something the other day I thought was fascinating. I have a 12/12 light cycle and during the dark time the leaves get extremely droopy. I'm not sure if thats because of the temp or just natural movement. About 20 minutes before the light were going to turn on - I checked my web cam (awesome to have) and the leaves were already reaching up. Are they anticipating the light on cycle? If so thats just amazing to me.

7. I used to keep cam in my grow, not anymore. The plants will relax at night and just know when to stand back up. Cant explain how they know but its natural

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. i think its because plants secrete exudes from the roots at night so water tension is low hence the droopy leaves.