United States presidential election 2016 Will you be voting Donald Trump? Why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tonypla11, Jan 24, 2016.

1. If you want to see your country sold to the highest bidder, vote Trump.

2. how so?

Any evidence to back up this claim? Or more daily show "news" brainwashing

-Yuri

3. #43 NorseMythology, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    Not a snowflakes chance in hell

4. And again it would still be too costly and congress would never agree to it.

5. Well keep in mind the border is 1900 miles long. Let's say like 700 miles already have some kind of natural border so 1300 miles are leftover. First off it would cost billions upon billions of dollars easily to make an effective wall which would be some kind of concrete. Then unless you have some way to reasonably monitor the wall the wall isn't going to do much good. Illegal immigrants who have traveled hundreds of miles to get to the border will find a way to get over or underneath the wall unless someone is there to stop them. Let's say we decided to hire border patrol, massive amounts. Let's say the average person walks like 2 miles per hour. In order to have an effective monitoring system you probably would want to pass by certain spots like every fifteen minutes. The distance a person can cover in that time is roughly like half a mile. So essentially you would need 1300/.5= 2600 guards to monitor the area every fifteen minutes. Let's say each guard makes about 60-80 thousand with benefits. You're looking at adding an additional 150-200 million dollars to the budget every single year. Also if you have that kind of setup immigrants would most likely just change their patterns and find ways to sneak in between when the border patrol is moving around.

If I thought that we could spend a reasonably amount of money and dramatically increase our border control I would be for it. Just looking at the stats though it seems like we would spend a lot more money and effort trying to keep people out then we would actually have to spend on them in the long run. Whenever they come here they expand the economy by becoming consumers. On top of that a good majority of the jobs they do are jobs where there is actually shortages of labor because the conditions are so brutal. The biggest problem with immigration too is people overstaying visas and a wall would do nothing to stop that. By some estimates its something like 40 percent of people who are here illegally are people who overstayed their visas. So a wall even if effective would still fail to stop a large portion of immigrants

Lastly, I would rather spend the money on programs which directly benefitted Americans, including mental health treatment, veterans benefits, Medicare, ss, etc than spend money trying to stop people from coming into our country. Of course it would provide jobs but that shouldn't be the only way we judge gov programs. The question is does it create jobs and is it a worthwhile program which really benefits people. The DEA creates a lot of jobs but I think a bulk of what they do is retarded and doesn't really help people in the long run. I feel dramatically increasing border control is very similar and may create jobs but would do very little to directly benefit average Americans lives. I hope this helped you to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not the kind of person who just blindly dislikes the idea because it came out of Trumps mouth. I also get annoyed when people say he's racist for wanting to build a wall. I don't think he's racist I just don't think he's thought out the logistics of the wall like most politician's plans.

6. Look at my above post. Realistic isn't necessarily the right word. I don't think a program would be very effective unless a very large amount of money would be put into the program. I think that money could be better spent on other programs which directly benefit Americans.

7. #47 garrison68, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    All this border talk is just to get votes, it's not that it's unimportant, but that's why he does it. Trump has practically destroyed the religious-right leadership of the Republican Party, all by himself. There used to be a term, started during the Nixon administration, the "Silent Majority", and he (Tricky Dick) was referring to those Americans who supported what the government was doing in Viet Nam. Well, be that as it may, this new Silent Majority, although not really a majority but large, I believe, is sick of the BS in the Republican Party, and the Democrats, and wants new blood in the White House. Now even Mike Bloomberg is considering running, as an independent against Cruz if he is nominated, and/or Sanders, but he won't run against Hillary if she is nominated. Basically, no commies or religious nuts welcome.

8. The troops could be removed from the 4 corners of the world they are stationed in to secure the border. For example there are 50,000 US military stationed in S.Korea.

The project would be huge but the employment and spin off to local business would be of huge benefit. Get Americans working. POTUS Underwood had a similar notion with his Amworks program. :)

The US paid for the fanatical religious extremists of Israel's wall, spending money at home would be a win win win.

Plus the long suffering Mexican people would no longer have to contend with the dregs of the US polluting their country when they flee across the border...

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

9. need new season STAT!

same can be said for free schools, healthcare, housing, etc..

10. The wall is a wasteful idea. It has been demonstrated many times that it doesn't keep people from scaling the wall. It also tends to not hold up well during rainy season.
    Would I ever vote for Trump?
    Hell NO.
    Why?
    Because he offers nothing of substance and is a poor representative to represent the USA.
    He can't seem to even complete many sentences before distracting himself with platitudes or false utterances.
    He is an entertainer, and a poor one at that.
    Don't think he will do well with the Black vote either considering the way he and his Dad used to divert Black tenants away from their affordable housing projects.
    Pretty much a racist bully and blow hard.
    :smoke:

11. POTUS Underwood would love my logic.

The wall would be a great idea, I bet it would become known as the "Great Wall of the Americas".

Look how much tourism and money there is to be made out of man made super structures. Apart from the obvious financial saving of housing 00s of 000's of US soldiers in the US rather than the four corners of the world imagine the financial boost a huge construction project like that would bring.

It would change America.

POTUS Underwood 2020.

Typed in the cockpit of a runaway Boeing

13. well who else can I vote for then? Hillary is not going to do anything that will get me off of food stamps. Bernie wants to tax the rich 50% to give Me more food stamps.
    I want to be off of food stamps.
    I am looking for a canadate that will create better opportunities so I can get off of goverment assistance.
    I don't want a canadate that will bribe me with more food stamps. O'Malley...does he even have a chance!?? And Cruz, I would vote for.
    Please enlighting me. Its not like i have a lot of choices over here and my mind Is open. Im listening. What With A lot of the things y'all are saying about trump maybe hes not such a great choice after all?
    But who else is there? I live in tx so Cruz will most likely win tx in the primary so does it even matter what way I would vote?
    I would love for Paul to be president but that's not going to happen
    I understand I am NOT going to agree 100% with any canadaite. To me, There is no PERFECT canadate.

14. How bout you do something for yourself to get of food stamps? You think the next canidate is going to hand you a job?

15. this ^^

food stamps are there for assistance. if you become dependent that's through your own fault.

become a productive member of society. no candidate is going to get you off food stamps if you're not motivated.

point is that's some very flawed reasoning to back a vote

16. Sanders tax is not to give you more food stamps, it's to open the door for college and health care benefits.
    Why Cruz? He is a total basket case that only wants to enrich himself. Heck, his college roommate, his fellow Reps, and nearly everyone he has worked closely with, can't stand the man.
    :smoke:

17. What is trump going to do to create better opportunities for you? I get it. Your struggling and I feel for you, but where would you be without food stamps? I dont understand why you resent the program that keeps you fed.

18. If you're looking for that you're gonna have to keep looking. It's very unlikely a president would be able to get anything through congress which would significantly effect the economic opportunities around you, especially when you consider that most of the effects from an administrations actions often come after they have left office. I am for Bernie because most of the things he really has control over I tend to side with him more than anyone else like on military policy, marijuana legalization which he is willing to talk about, criminal justice reform, try to embolden DOJ and sec to actually regulate financial institutions, and veto and crazy shit that comes out of congress. Frequently speaks out against raising military budget and not severely cutting social programs so it's unlikely those ideas would ever pass a veto. He's also frequently sided with privacy advocates in that he would like to rein in what the NSA does. I think the modem Bernie could ever expect to get through congress out of his agenda is a modest minimum wage increase, increase in infrastructure spending, and maybe some increased college subsidies or debt relief program. Of all those things I highly doubt any would have a major effect on the economy and would most likely be very watered down versions of what Bernie wants. These of course are all debatable in terms of whether or not they would be good for us in the long run.

19. Let me just say, Trump is way to egotistical to be a good president, everything else aside.

Even if he screwed up, his ego wouldn't allow himself to admit it and correct it. This is truly a frightening election circus.