Quick drying a harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GrdDog, Jan 24, 2016.

1. I know the best way to dry cannabis/marijuana is a long slow
    time; but I am curious if there is a way to speed up the process for sampling
    purposes that will give the effects of the buds developed.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

2. This
    Or you could throw it in the microwave on defrost for a few seconds until its dry it will be a mild high and bad taste

Attached Files:

3. I quick dry tester popcorn nugs over night by making a tray out of aluminum foil and setting it on top of one of my 400 watt lamps. Usually have completely dry popcorn nugs in the morning as long as the buds aren't clumped up together. Still harsh but flavor and smell remain.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

4. Sure. Just put some air on whatever it is you're trying to dry quickly. We hung a plant off the ceiling fan and put a fan on it at a good distance away, and in 24 hours, it was dry enough to test for the most part. Of course, it's not the preferred method for optimum curing, but it will dry it out enough that you can get an idea of what you're working with. TWW

5. Using heat will evaporate terps and affect quality, I use a 60cfm fan in a small plastic bucket like this and my weed drys within 3-4 days
    [​IMG]

Pic of it full just because

[​IMG]

6. Took this Idea and ran with it Thanks !!

7. This is from some stuff around the house; so this is a rough
    draft.

I took an old tall square box (Logitech Speakers came in) and line the bottom
    with wax paper, ¼” above the bottom I pushed bamboo skewers through till they
    came out the other side, on top of that I placed a wire mesh(used a grease
    splatter top for a cooking pan, just removed the mesh).

I found a small desk top fan(like $12 at Walmart) and removed the base; placed
    on the top and trace the outside with a pen, then cut just inside the line(want
    the fan grate that blows the air inside the box, but the intake and motor
    outside).

I think this will create a forced air drying; which will not destroy the trich"s
    with heat.

The holes where the skewers go through will allow air and moisture to exit from
    the air flow of the fan at the top, the wax paper will catch anything that
    falls off the bud"s.

Attached Files:

8. Also cut away as much of the stem as possible since it holds much water.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Don't do it just wait ... It makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. This. If you must sample in advance take a couple of popcorn buds and let them air dry. It will dry in a few days. It will also taste like crap.

11. I like to water cure for a quick turnaround. It's easy. Put you fresh wet trimmed but into a mason jar (up to 2/3 full of bud or trim) and gently fill to the top with distilled water. Poke some holes in the lid to keep the bus under water but still allow air in and out. Gently pout out the water every day and refill for 7-8 days.
    Then you can out it in a food dehydrator at 90 or 95 degrees for 4-12 hours. Check on it from time to time. The popcorn will dry the fastest and you can test it out. The big buds I would store in a regular canning jar over night just like a regular air cure. This will allow the moisture still in the big buds to even out and then you can use the dehydrator again. This will help get you a nice even dryness rather than dry on the outer layer and damp inside...

The water cure removes a lot of the sugars and chlorophyll which makes buds harsher to smoke. This water cure will give you very smooth smoke in under 9 days. It does reduce the taste and smell a bit and really reduces the weight (about 30-40%), but it means that per gram you have a greater amount of thc compared to air cured buds and you don't have to wait a month to smoke it!

Dealers hate it but med patients love it. It's especially good to do for concentrates and edibles as it gets rid of the weird tastes and a lot of that green color. Oh, and it makes the bud a bit darker, not nasty, but darker than most people are used to. It looks like bud that has cured for a year. Most people are used to a 2-4 week air cure...

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454621025.637772.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454621060.504638.jpg

And this is what mine looks like dry water cured on the left, air cured on the right
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1454621338.263924.jpg

13. If you went through all the time and trouble to grow your fine weed
    Why not take another week to 10 days and dry it the right way.
    I don't understand some people Really.........
    You will regret it and the weed will taste Horrible and will probably turn you off to growing your own weed next time too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plus keep in mind drying is not the same as curing so a quick dry will not get you the same strength as a 3mo cure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app