Tom Clancys The Division

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by black sabbath, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Anyone else buying the fuck out of this game? I'm super excited. First game i've ever preordered. 48 bucks with amazon prime!!

2. im not pre ordering it but ill get it, the part that is the dangerous backstabbing bit sounds fun, ive got a little asshole plan for that

3. I wanna see how it plays first haven't much that I'll like

4. The Ubisoft is strong with this one.

5. I've had my eye on this one for almost 2 years now. It could be very good. Let's just see how much micro transactions and social media get jammed into it. I take new age AAA titles with a large grain of salt these days.

6. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Def not a day one for me but I have hope.

7. Closed beta starts 1/28

For XB1 atleast

8. these are my exact worries I heard social hubs may work kinda like destiny

9. #9 Viral Frog, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    Probably won't touch it. Early impressions are not that great.

From PC Gamer:
    "What I'm left with after my short session is a general concern that the combat, at least at the start of the game, isn't particularly thrilling. The enemies I encountered-especially bosses-are more bullet-sponges than interesting or dynamic adversaries, and I'm concerned the PvP zones are quickly going to become KOS-boxes. I want to get in and explore more of the environment, though. Maybe follow some more rats around."

10. Got to say, been interested in this for some time. Don't mean to be pessimistic but I'm expecting a let down, although I'm hoping for something ground-breaking. Has a lot of potential but so many have crumbled in this position

11. Might be fun. May pick it up when it goes on sale. Definitely not pre-ordering any Ubisoft game ever in life. Oh and what a shocker, the gfx don't look as good as they did at E3 when they had a demo running on their beefed up PC's. I'm guessing a mod will come out to fix that for PC players but console players don't expect it to look like it did when it was first revealed. Looking at you watch dogs.

12. If it has more content than Destiny at launch then I'm probably gonna get it. I enjoy third person shooters and all the RPG elements the game has and don't really care about the graphics downgrade, but it's looking more and more obvious that the game will be a DLC hub since so much of the in-game map has been taken out for launch.

13. I am following The Division very closely as this can be a good Destiny replacement.

However i am not going to pre order, I'll wait at least 1 week after the game release and read actual player reviews before pre ordering.

Ubisoft doesn't have a good track record and i am done with trusting the hype created by game developers.

14. You should really never pre-order unless it is something like a collectors edition that actually has limited copies. The beta is in the next few days so there should be more info about the game from the community, and then waiting a week or two for reviews is necessary for the modern gaming industry, too many games are over-hyped, content lacking, and have online issues at launch to justify purchases.

15. I don't put any special value on special releases like collectors addition etc.

And as a 40 year old gamer who has been gaming for 30+ years now , i am disgusted with current gaming industry. It represents the worst part of capitalism and hunger for money. It is really sad it is effected this bad.

And worst part is gamers let game developers do this to them. I remember how gamers stood against bad releases in late 80's

16. exactly, it should be that effort=reward instead of money=reward that overpowers anything else

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 black sabbath, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    Like I said in the OP the preorder is 48 dollars, game will be 60 dollars after release... I plan on getting the game either way so why wouldn't I want to save money and be able to play the game day one?

edit- Guess I didn't say that in the OP. This will be the first game i'm preordering and it's mostly because of this deal amazon has going on. I got an xbox one somewhat recently and didn't have last gen so my record with Ubisoft goes as far back as Rainbow Six Siege (which I didn't pay for but really really enjoy)

18. I said aswell I'd wait to watch a bit on twitch to see how it plays before I order it... But I caved in cause I wanted to play the beta so bad! 12 hours to go!

19. Keep us updated about beta