3rd micro grow: think different recirculating deep water culture

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 710isthenew420, Jan 23, 2016.

1. #1 710isthenew420, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    240w(5w LEDS) Mars Hydro reflector series

1st grow: automazar DP soil est 28+ grams

2nd grow: ak48 dwc, harvest end march

3rd grow: think different DP DWC with recirculating. I call it micro because there is only space for 1 plant in the chamber. This is for personal use only so i might even be cutting myself short so lets hope for more than an Oz compared to my last femenized autoflower.

Bucket was painted black and instead of covering with foil, bucket was painted back white to bounce as much light off as possible.

Coco coir and clay pellets are going to nest the seed which is more than likely going to be placed in rockwool.

Attached Files:

2. Finally! What the cabinet was made for - a 5 gallon bucket. Hydro all the way, soil is dead

Attached Files:

3. Nice bro ! Mind posting pics of your cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Designed so that the exhaust goes straight through the ceiling. 200cfm fan, carbon filter, dual airpump, 3 gallon shelf upstairs 5 gallon downstairs, lighy proof for the most part, sound fairly quiet ( those mars hydro reflector led fan decibels add up) light trap in the middle to have 2 light schedules and its stelthy, its locked with baby cabinet magnet locks.. cost about 150$ to make
    Here are the pics

Attached Files:

5. Broke ground

Attached Files:

6. Going to try to save some money and let the roots rest with this

Attached Files:

7. is that set to half hour on half hour off all the time?

8. Ya thats the top drip submersible pump. Airpump with airstone is 24/7 on high. Ive heard of people timing it with the lighting, even lights out for inside fans but my fan is 24/7 on low becausr it dorsnt reset with power on, you have to manually turn on once power is tripped.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. right, makes sense, thanks.
    Id presumed it was the lights timer and had a sudden pang of "am i doing this shit wrong".

10. 1454328945073.jpg

Im trying to take an ak48 clone to put in the 20/4 . Its in a 2 liter container, in cococoir and airpump/stone with superstrive.. lets hope it catches so i can flower her next 2 months

11. [​IMG][​IMG]

Auto Think diff in 1st week. Ak48 clone seems to be taking off aswell in same light schedule 20/4 as auto. Awesomee

12. [​IMG]

Res changed. Phitoperiod clone rooting already

13. Hey, I'm doing my first grow ever in a really tight space. Hoping to suck up some of your experience seeing how this one goes. Looking forward to following ya!

14. How tight? I've seen people do pic grow boxes to wait 3 months for a lil sum sum. I'm trying to go as micro as possible with decent yield to make the grow worth it. I'm toying with having say 8 small plants in different stages of flowing so you can yield one ever so often (1-2wks). My wattage is at about 400watts an hour or less for the whole setup.. I'm hoping for 3oz each plant so that would solve my consumption of an Oz a month of meds

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Pretty tight :( ... Im a newbie and this is my first ever grow. It's a 3ft box but I only got about ~2.5ft of grow space or so.

Honestly I'm just hoping to get some weed out of it.

I like how you have multiple plants going at once (I saw your other journals), I think doing something similar will fit my needs :) the cabinet you have with the different shelves caught my attention and I think this summer I might have to build something similar!

16. If you are in the room you'd know somethings up. So if stealth is your thing id say start thinking about ventillation first. i wish you luck, we are all newbs at some point myself 4 months ago! I saw a cool idea online of a fish tank ontop their cabinet, idea being the fish bubbles drown out air out sound, look it up to be inspired !

17. [​IMG]

Drank half a 5gallon in a week. Photoperiod ak48 clone doing well in 20/4 schedule. Topped it and going to top again when I can next

18. Love the set up! What kind of light are you using?! Ak48 is a great plant to work with, good luck on the grow. This is my most resent ak48

Attached Files:

19. Yea that's what I want, I'm hoping to run clones in the 20/4 then flower the 48s with 1 month in between. Light is actually Mars hydro reflector series 240w or 5w chips. I was thinking about 150w hps etc but more concerned about heat/space which is about 16"x12"