Dishwasher Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Smokin N Blazin, Jan 23, 2016.

1. #1 Smokin N Blazin, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    Hello fellow tokers,

This is my first ever grow. i have been pondering how i am going to approach this for quite some time now and i think i have it all ready to go.

- Old dishwasher probably worth -$40-$50
    - 3 5000k 800lumen 9.5w L.E.D bulbs.(60w cfl/incandescent)
    - 3 Flowering bulbs 450nm-655nm spectrum 9w

- 5 lb bag of pro-mix
    - Timer

lookiing for a good organic fertilizer. What do you guys recommend?

just ordered 4 feminized AK seeds from the vault. along with one OG Kush and the freebie Kush from the VAULT!!!

Made a rookie mistake and got the normal ona pro gel instead of the concentrate. Will be getting that in the near future along with some soil moist.

And lasty some small computer fans for some circulation in this thing haha.

Anyways heres some pics!. Glad i am apart of the high existence here [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Dishwasher neeeeeeeever crossed my mind!!! Nice & crafty! Good luck with your grow!

Sent from obamascookies iPhone

3. Thanks man. Any recommendations on a good organic fertilizer?

4. where is the air flow? don't think i seen any fans although those lights probably don't put out much heat.. Great idea for a stealth object.

5. Looks great to start seedlings or clones. But where you gonna put the plants once they get too big for that thing?

6. i am installing PC fans in it tomorrow. i will take detailed pics. my plan is to treat it sort of like a pc grow. maybe grow one plant at a time.

i'm not sure how long im going to let it veg. how long do you guys think?

7. #7 Smokin N Blazin, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    i got the fans installed. Just waiting for the seeds.. Shipped out today!
    The plant will be able to grow at least 15 inches high. Root system and top plant total. Im going to LST the shit out of it. If guys can get 2 ounces from a pc i should be able to get double that easy. I may need a smller pot. Idk we will see. Not sure on best fertilizer to get yet. Wil check back in when i get the seeds.

Attached Files:

8. seeds arived today from the Vault!

4 AK feminized seeds
    1 OG Kush
    1 Free Special Kush seed.

Starting off with one plant at a time to see how they will do inside a dishwasher and when i need to cut them off from veg to flower etc,etc.
    Germinated one AK seed this afternoon and is in a solo cup now waiting for the seedling to burst through! Beyond anxious!

I am going to do my best to leave the thing alone. water it just enough once everyday. when it gets some decent growth on it i plan to LST it. The dishwasher is more width than height so that makes more sense to me to grow it that way. Hopefully the L.E.D bulbs work some magic!

9. #9 Smokin N Blazin, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    One of my AK feminized seeds sprouted today!

Attached Files:

10. cool stuff man. Just make sure you do not water everyday as mentioned above. More like every 3-6 days depending how fast your cups go dry.

11. i do water him everyday. but its more of a mist from a bottle. i spray untill the top layer is nice and damp. the cup kinda drys out fast but maybe its because im watering this way.

12. Roots need cycles of wet and dry. You should only water when the cups feels light, the water so you have drainage through the bottom of your cups.

LED indoor - https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394646-Pure-AK-barebulb-cfls
    Read a lot and start good gardening habits early

LED indoor - https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394646-Pure-AK-barebulb-cfls

13. Just a little update on my little guy. 4 days in on seedling. Haven't watered him for a solid day now. crazy how much they grow in one day!

Attached Files:

14. had a little problem with my buddy today. Put a fan on him and it bent his stem. I added some more soil around them stem to help ot. It kinda worked. Hopefully it cones out of it

15. awesome dishwasher! thats one i wouldnt mind working on