First Time Grow DIY Grow Buckets w/CFL. Unkown seed genetics...

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Jadlom01, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Hey Grass City!!

This is my first grow and have been reading up alot in the past weeks. I made 3 cheap grow buckets, each containing one plant. Each grow bucket has the following:

1 water pump
    1 drip system ( homemade)
    1 air pump
    1 air stone
    1 6' Net Pot
    Hydroton Pebbles

I got the seeds from a friend and don't really know what genetics i'm dealing with. The plants are now going on 3 1/2 weeks and have had somewhat of a rocky road. I had to use generic nutrients (designed mainly for growing lettuce) for the first few weeks and all 3 plants began to have problems. I then ordered General Hydroponics Flora Series, which I have been feeding the plants for the past 2 days. The major problems ( plant yellowing and crooked leaves) seem to have been resolved in the new leaves that can be seen growing. However, there are still some leftover scars from the past issues.

I am using single 150W CFL blubs (6,500 K) for each plant, placed at 5' away from leaves. I currently have the lights on 24/7.

I have a controlled environment where I keep the temperature at a constant 75° F.

I have attached some pictures to show the grow so far!

Any advice, suggestions etc. are more than welcome!! Always looking to learn.

Attached Files:

2. Any updates?

3. hey newbie i like what i saw your doing pretty good with your grow i too crow with cfl's,i get a pretty good crop from cfl's but for the nutrients i use advance nutrients because they are the only one's that are for marijuana only you can't get any better then that you can get amazing crops from the nutrients but i also understand that it can be a little expensive so,check out DiscountAdvanceNutrients.comthat should take the sting out of the wallet abit,i got most of my building ideas from here at grass city,i asked alot of questions ,got some real good help from here as well,everything in my arsenal is Diy,from my buckets,ordorizer,to the yoda cloner (turned into a germinater for my seeds)i even made a chiller out of a Igloo 5 gallon water cooler works pretty good ,keeps my babies water cooled down.If you want to know alittle more about dwc,you can ask anyone here they can probably answer your questions,you can read up alot more on BigBudsMag.Com that's a great mag to check out well i hope this helps you in anyway if i can help in anyway let me know