Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety from dabs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DeeBaked, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Im 23 years old, Im pretty health for the most part. I have smoked almost everyday, since i was 14. Well just recently my friend came over on sunday with some dabs that are 95% thc. Its has no butane, or Co2. Its pressed and pressed and presses till it turns to wax.(i think thats what he said) well i have done these dabs before, and it was a good enjoyable high. This time he had two different flavors so we did like 2 dabs of each one then a combo of the two.( we smoked a lot of it.) About 15 min later While we are playing gta v, and it goes to a loading screen. The room got quite and BOOM! First anxiety attack ever in my whole life! Well since then ive been having anxiety like crazy, that night, i woke up 9 times(every 30min intervals), my heart beating , my mind racing, i cant be alone now my gf has to be by me. If not my mind wonders and gets anxious. I smoked monday and tuesday of my own shatter,( i stopped smoking around 2pm) cause i didnt think dabs could do that. Its been almost 3 days since i last smoked. At times it feels like its getting better but im still getting little attacks over nothing. But its deff better then the first 2 days. So my question is Do you think it was the dabs? And if so will it go away with time? And should i go to the Dr?(no insurance tho)

2. If it was a high sativa, then yes most likely came from being way too high. 95% thc is insane. Its a whole new level. Honestly dude just drop the anxiety. It sounds hard and I dont mean to be mean but just drop it. Thinking about it makes it worse. Stick to indicia strains for the moment. Being anxious about being anxious creates the whole anxious sick cycle. Just saying if i was you. Our minds can be a bitch. It most likely is from those dabs. Take a temp break maybe. Just gotta get it out your head. Its really not a big deal at the end of the day. If you try to move on and dont think about it. Soon enough you will go back to normal. Your fine. Its just a lil anxiety. Your fine. Just get distracted for a period of time.

3. Yeah that wax was just too strong and gave you really bad anxiety. What i think happens is you start overthinking until it gets worse and worse then the anxiety ends up sending you into fight or flight mode then that makes you panic more and freak out even more until you're pretty much traumatized by it. Now your brain associates dabbing with freaking out and so you get anxiety even when you don't smoke.

Like half my friends have anxiety problems when it comes to weed, i would take a break from thc all together or stick to indica heavy flowers. Idk what else to tell you, i've known people that love smoking weed regularly, then freak out a couple times and realize that weed isn't for them anymore, hope this doesn't get you down, but that's the reality of it.

4. 95% THC is extremely high.

Most concentrates are around 70-80%

Smoke some weed and it will get rid of your anxiety [​IMG]

5. Sounds like you had a bad trip.

I have similar issues. Still get re-lapses weirdly enough.

Your fine though, it'll wear off after some more time.

Don't go to the doctor's, they can't do nothing about it

6. Once you have an anxiety attack, the likelihood of having another is like fuckin 1000%; the mind is very powerful that way.

I know a lot of people with anxiety and i could not imagine any of them even thinking about doing a dab.. Even taking a toke or 2 too much can set them off, so a fucking dab? Yeah, that is going to break the camels back and then some.

I'm not saying dabs are dangerous, but i am saying dabs should be done much more responsibly than any toke of marijuana.

Let me make this perfectly clear for you however.. The dab you did, did not GIVE YOU anxiety. You HAD anxiety before you ever took that dab, whether you knew it or not. That dab actually let you in on a piece of yourself that you didn't know you had and you should be thankful. If you were not aware of your anxiety, you are also not aware how it is impacting your life and now that you know, you can begin that process.

7. I've been smoking 20 years, dabbing for at least 5. I still get anxiety here and there.
    It's not the strain or anything that I've been able to isolate. Just dab less amounts.

Sometimes I'll take a massive dab and I'll think my fish tank is going to crash through the floor, but it's fine.

8. drugs should come with warning labels or something