First timer Help us in growing these babies.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by evolove, Jan 21, 2016.

1. #1 evolove, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    Greetings from another side of the world! First time posting a grow journal in any website, so please bear with me.

So me and my friend found some seeds from the stash and figured why not grow some of our own weed as scoring in the place we live is kind of difficult. Most of the people who deal do it for money and do not love the holy herb. They also lace the stash with rat poison, powdered mosquito coils and what not.

We live in a tropical climate ( Like South India) where it is hot and humid. This started as an experiment and after the seeds started to sprout out of the soil, we decided to put in efforts for our personal use.

I have a couple pf questions.

1) We are absolute beginners at this and we have no idea if the plant we are growing is hemp or cannabis. So can a cannabis seed grow as hemp and vice versa?

2) There was some green stuff on the soil, which looked like a little bit of algae. Does this mean the soil has been watered too much?

3) The last picture is the close up of the biggest plant. Can someone identify the gender of the plant or is it too soon to differentiate?

Enough of rambling and onto the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hey dude.

First off, I feel really bad for you; rat poison is not on. Secondly, I think your plants aren't looking too bad. Thirdly, where are you from, exactly, in our world? Lastly, you will have to wait a little while to see the sex. At least one to two months veg time depending on where you're from and what your climate is.

3. #3 That One Stoner, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    1.) No. You will not find many ruderalis pure strains out there. There are crosses between ruderalis (hemp/autoflowers) and photoperiods (typical indica, sativa) but you usually have to order these. They have a much shorter lifespan and flower automatically Vs. Photoperiods who need 12 or less hours of light to flower.

2) my plants have the same stuff and im growing with fox farms, i dont think its anything to worry about all.

3) sooner or later your plants will have balls or flowers. Balls(pollen sacks) = males. And short white pistils shooting out = females.

It sounds like youre growing in florida. Ive had friends and family who have had horrible times growing bud because of the humidity over there. If you were going to set up a grow id recommend looking for an auto flowering strain. They have less thc, but theyre much more mold and pest resistant. Honestly its not that expensive and doesnt require much effort. Plus the shorter time gives you less chance of bud rot or mold. I also noticed you seem to be trying to be discrete, these plants only reach 2-4 feet but only yield 0.5-4.0 ounces. (THESE ARE ESTIMATES)

Bucket from home depot $3

Seeds from gorrilla seeds
    $10(+shipping)<~~ i didnt have a good experience with them, wouldnt recommend them to a friend

Fox farms ocean forest $7 since i used half a bag.
    $20 a plant basically

Most people like to add nutes but i dont see the point since it has about 1 month worth of flowering nutes in the soil. They tend to go 7-8 weeks in flower so the last month would just be an early flush ig. The 2 extra weeks shouldnt make a huge difference. But nutes would be ideal.