Is it safe to use bleach?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by savagew0lves, Jan 21, 2016.

1. My improvement so far!! There's alcohol and salt in there so you can see better lol

[​IMG]

2. holy fuck that's a lot of salt. in total it would be best to have a 1/2" layer of salt since it needs to move around to agitate

3. #23 DingDongDanks, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016

190 proof solvent and epsom salt should do the trick. After you clean your piece you can make tincture with whats leftover[​IMG]

4. I tell ya...after you're done playing with the other suggestions, grab yourself a can of carburator cleaner and shoot some in there to dissolve that gunk then blast out with hot water and clean...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Fun fact, bleach turns to salt when it dries.

You can even use it on things to go in an aquarium, if you let it completely dry, because it becomes harmless.

Sent from my HTC Desire 320 using Tapatalk

6. May as well dump some gasoline down there and light it on fire.

7. Hydrochloric Acid?

8. Why do people insist on making it more difficult and dangerous then it needs to be.
    [​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

Its that easy. It really is

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #29 killset, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    If it takes more then that, its time for a new piece. I've never seen any piece of glass or metal this wouldn't work on in 35 years of smoking and cleaning

10. Thats what i figured out on my own salt and iso work good just use a good helping of salt

11. Bleach does not stick to glass

12. Because I tried that and it's not working. Read the whole thread. :)

13. It's a piece that is not designed for wax that was always used for wax. And wasn't cleaned regularly.

14. I did read it. Let it soak. If its gone beyond this get a new pipe. I've never seen a pipe this won't clean and I've seen some nasty ass pipes. Why would you smoke on something that disgusting?

15. You can even use it to purify drinking water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. #36 savagew0lves, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    (I posted this to my other thread too)
    So I tried CLR. Tried goo gone. I was actually about to give up. Then my brother and his smart ass fucking self comes in and was like "did you try hot water?" And I was like Yess brother I tried acetone and salt I tried alcohol and salt I tried CLR and salt I tried goo gone and salt I even let lemon juice soak in it for a week and showered with it and had hot enough water in it to burn me and nothing happened.
    So he takes it.
    Puts hot water in it.
    Adds half the container of salt.
    Shakes it.
    And boom.
    It's clean.
    With hot water and fucking salt.
    Hot water and salt and shaking it.
    That's all.
    AND HE DOESNT EVEN SMOKE!
    It's not PERFECTLY clean but he got the chunks out. That I had spent WEEKS to clean. He gets clean in 15 min. With salt and fucking water.

17. Have you never washed dishes?

18. #38 SmokeTreees, Jan 30, 2016
    LOLOOOLOLOL

YO YO OP YO YO IM NOT HATING BUT LOL.

That made my night no bs. Just toked a hit, read your thread in entirety, a good 5-6 mins, and just read your post to bust out laughing. I fully understand though, I would have told you to boil the bowls out, but ONLY if they're thick. And not for too long. But lol. Yeah all you gotta do is use alcohol and shake that shit up very vigorously lol.

19. #39 5cooby Doo, Jan 30, 2016
    Okay I had to go through your entire thread to understand you are trying to clean a glass piece, could have made the more clear in the OP. You have still yet to describe the process you are using to clean the piece, other thank throwing a bunch of super-harsh chemicals into it? ...And HOW do you get MOLD in a GLASS PIECE? ..disgusting! Now that I got that off my chest;
    ...if you are going to continue to experiment with unnecessary chemicals, then why not throw some heavy duty engine degreaser in there? That should do? Although I would highly recommend AGAINST it. ...on that note, have you tried coke? (just came to mind, people use Coca-Cola (soda) to clean engine parts maybe it will work?)

I also noticed you used a SH!% LOAD of salt, which can leave behind stains as well. In that case, baking soda+ vinegar+ lemon would do the trick. Which may be what you are looking at, and not actually mold (which is usually fuzzy and has a funny smell).

[What I DO recommend]
    Fill the piece with 90%+ iso. Alcohol. Throw some salt, but NOT to much either. We are using Salt as an abrasive, sea salt may work better as it is thicker. Shake it for a good ten minutes and let the iso. sit in the piece OVER-NIGHT minimally, then shake it and shake it and shake it! Shake it once every hour or two!. You have to leave the iso. in there so it can do it's job, especially with a horribly dirty piece! When rinsing, using filtered or distilled water will help reduce any salt/water stains left behind.

Once it's clean, it is just maintenance, and you don't have to stress to much! Much easier to clean a slightly dirty piece, than it is a very dirty one.

Ps. Smoke Shops sell "stoppers" 14"/16"/18"/etc. that fit perfectly in the downtime and top opening of most pieces. then you don't have to stress with bags and hair ties, which I'm sure are still a little leaky [​IMG].

Ps. Grammer > Coolness

20. Okay. Problem solved by my brother thank you guys!!!!