Is it safe to use bleach?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by savagew0lves, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I posted the honey combs earlier. My sister suggested bleach because she thinks there's mold in there. If I gave it a goon run every with the alcohol and salt and soap afterwards would using bleach be okay to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Solution of 1/ 4 bleach and water (25% bleach 75% water) is what Health department suggest needle0users to wash used needles with. You will need to rinse well. It kills AIDS and HIV it may not kill every mold

3. Well thank you lol you by chance know anything I can use to plug the hole where the downstem goes that won't let it escape over night?

4. I wouldn't bleach my weed ever in a million years.

5. #5 Semestered, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    Absolutely disgusting. Is this a joke or are you seriously considering bleach?

I would never bleach my pieces.

6. #6 moneymansam, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    If I needed to bleach a piece I'd toss it and get a new one

7. I find plastic like saran wrap or cuttings from a bread bag or milk bag. put it over top the joint and then get a elastic band like the ones found on broccoli or asparagus. pull tight and wrap the elastic band around a couple times or more.
    -
    it works for the mouth piece and the joint. does the trick, but isn't 100% water tight. so you may want to double up the elastics

8. I have used CLR to clean a piece. I just rinsed the living hell out of it with scalding water for 20 minutes and it was fine.

9. This reminds me of a song...

10. it should be fine as long as you rinse it out real well 1/4th sounds like a little much even you wont need alot at all

11. I guess it should be fine but, if there is still tar in the piece I would guess that bleach soaked into it. I wouldn't bother risking it but I don't think it would cause any serious health issues, but I ain't no doctor or bleach expert thats for sure. Alcohol and salt is the only thing that goes into my pieces for cleaning. If the piece is really that bad I would certainly toss it and take it as a lesson learned to clean your pieces.

Only reason a piece can get moldy is due to pure laziness.

I got this piece in nov/2013...still looks brand new thanks to alcohol and salt...I use it almost daily.
    View attachment 155170

12. Well I bought this thing used. The person before me was the one that was lazy. And I don't want to give up on it yet. I would never let my shit get this dirty. Someone I know used CLR once as well. Someone told me to use orange something and someone else told me to use goo gone. After each of these things (provided they get it clean) I do intend to use alcohol and salt afterwards to make sure there's no residual chemicals left.

13. Also fun fact this person used this bong for wax only..

14. Isopropyl alcohol should clean it no matter how dirty as long as you let it soak for how ever long it needs. Use rubber bands and plastic from grocery bags to plug the hole for your mouth and downstem. You can roll enough of that plastic from the grocery bag into a ball or plug and use a rubber bang to hold it in place. Let it soak for days and days if need be.

More hen that you could try blasting hot water through your bong. I have a shower wand attachment that I pop the wand off of so it is a hose. It just happens to fit snug n the downstem joint. Then I just turn the hot water on for the shower and it blasts through my bong. I leave it running for a few minutes to start. Dump the water out and add the ISO alcohol now. Notice how fucking hot the glass is on that bong. It helps with getting the gunk and shit out.

You can certainly try the rock salt mixed in the ISO alcohol and it does help if you agitate and shake the mcfuck out of the piece and it will actually scub that shit off that Normaly won't come off. It won't under any circumstances scratch glass.

If you have used stuff like bleach and it didn't clean all of the crap out of that piece then don't smoke out of it. No way would I smoke out of it that's for damn sure. When smoking out of a bong or bubbler you really only want water in there and nothing else what so ever. Anything else will just make you sick. I have tried stuff like cool aid and shot like that while partying out of control on some rare occasion or another but never because we thought it was a good idea or anything like that lol.

15. #15 savagew0lves, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    Alcohol isn't cleaning it. Someone suggested acetone so I soaked it in acetone for 24 hours. Still not coming completely clean

16. then do the hot water deal and blast it through. Then the alcohol.

17. Alright I will try that

18. Dawn dish soap has worked in the past for me on tough build ups. Just rinse the hell out of it afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Acetone didn't work? Acetone is more poisonous than bleach. Then you want to toss it

20. I'm not giving up on it yet. And alright I'll add that to the list of what to try lol