Autoflower Life Cycle?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bennydrill, Jan 21, 2016.

1. First post, so hello to all and thanks in advance for any assistance. Growing 5 Short Rider Autos...the 1st one took 5 weeks to start flowering and the last one started flowering at 7 weeks. Next Friday will be 15 weeks from seed. They look healthy and a couple colas' pistils are browning but most of them, especially lower on the plants are still pure white. So my question is.....Are these things just going to drop dead before the buds have matured? How does that work? It was my understanding that these plants only live for about 3 months before they croak and I'm already there.

2. post pics! I'm growing short rider lol I check on that and my northern auto every 45 min lmmfao but I'm a newbie but I think it's time I mean nirvana advertises 8 weeks max idk just my thought but please pics! From one short rider grower to another

3. They give an average life span on the packaging... Your lighting, soil, container size and nutrients can all play a factor in growth times... I love autoflowers but the breeder times are just approximate it could be a full month longer are a couple weeks shorter... I hope it helps and your plants are happy and healthy

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hey, jayready....don't hold your breath on pics since I'm about as smart as a pile of dead rocks when it comes to anything computer related. If you know of a tutorial on this site for uploading photos, please share. I'm sure there is one...I just couldn't find it. I'd love to put some up if I can figure it out.

xxxjailbait420...Thanks for the insight. My grow space is 7' long x 30" wide. Along with the Short Rider, I'm vegging 5 Northern Lights and 5 AK48 regulars under a 300 watt Platinum led on a light mover. I may have my light stretched a little thin, but the plants aren't leggy and seem happy.

5. If you use the app photos are very easy to upload... And that doesn't seem like enough light even on a mover but without pics it gets pretty tough

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. app is easy or desktop you hit the PAPER CLIP TO ADD ATTACHMENTS and select the pic/file and upload.

7. #7 GoldGrower, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    the plants won't die back until way way after the bud is fully ripe (if at all). Times vary a lot so it's just a case of waiting unfortunately

8. That's good enough news for me, GoldGrower. One is ready...the rest look like they need a couple weeks, at least. I'll continue in "patience mode".

9. I find 3 weeks after germination they usually start flowering, but 4 or even 5 weeks isn't uncommon. If they are repeatedly topped, then that time can stretch out much longer, even 10 weeks in some cases. I have had this myself. But you certainly don't have to worry about them dieing before the bud is ready

10. My day 30 short rider[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Looking good! ....going to chop my 1st one tonight. Don't know if it actually helps or not but I gave it 48 hours of darkness and 20 degree cooler temps.

12. So what's up with this? These Short Riders I'm growing never have been very smelly, but all of a sudden, they have no odor at all. Seriously, you have to stuff your nose into a cola and use your imagination to smell anything. They look fine and other than being slower than the 2nd coming of Christ, this has been an uneventful grow. I'd think right now would be peak odor!?!?

13. have you tried touching the trichomes with your fingers and smelling them? All my plants get more smelly as time moves on. Perhaps you are just getting used to the smell

14. Sure, I get odor if I crush a few trichomes, but that ambient odor of flowering pot is completely gone. I spend a lot of time outdoors in a cold fresh air climate. When I come back indoors, I can smell a mouse fart 50 ft. away. Never experienced anything like this....the whole thing seems strange.