YouAverageGrowJournal: Gorilla Glue, LED, SCROG, RDWC, Advanced Nutrients

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by YourAverageToker, Jan 21, 2016.

1. #21 YourAverageToker, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    I'm really glad I started out with this clone because I'm able to make mistakes now and have better experience once my seeds actually do get here. It turns out that I had my light too close to her and she was showing signs of stress (purple stem) and clawed leaves. I also noticed that the top leaves were getting bleached, unfortunately I realized it was a light issue three days in. Since then I've raised the light to about 1' down the top of the tent. Another mistake I made was accidentally pulling the rockwool out of the hydroton. Thankfully the light stress slowed root growth so I didnt hurt her too much. When placing her back in I noticed the hydroton was pretty dry so I raised the water level in my res to about halfway up my netpot. The last readings I took were:

-Day 4 Lights on (2/4/16 12AM)

PPM = 620
    -7 Hours later
    PPM = 640
    -2/4/16 5:51 PM
    PPM = 662
    I'm going to check my res again once its lights on at 12AM. Controlling res temps is too tedious to be done manually so I bought a $90 chiller off ebay. I'm only keeping about 4-5 gallons cold so I think it should work for me. Hopefully I didn't stress her out too much, pictures will be coming tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #22 YourAverageToker, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    !!!Update!!!

It's definitely been a rough week for my first grow and it seems like I've run into almost every problem there is! My plant has gone through light stress, heat stress, low humidity, overwatering, underwatering, almost being rootbound, low oxygen levels, and high res temps! At least she doesn't show signs of bad nute burn. These are the most recent pictures I have of her, the 3 bottom fan leaves shriveled up and turned yellow yesterday because my timer was not on causing my lights to stay on for an extra 3 hours. Those extra three hours brought temps up to 95f and humidity down to 10%. I added a humidifier into my tent to keep the humidity around 50% and I'm still waiting on my chiller to arrive. Let me know what you guys think, I know she doesn't look too pretty but her new growth is really promising! Last thing, her roots still haven't hit the soup so I'm hoping for a huge boost in growth soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When lights come back on it will be Week 2 (day 3):
    Current Readings:
    PPM: 719
    PH: <span class="redactor-invisible-space">6.0
    </span>

3. I would feed a little less ppm. keeping the soup cold will help most of your problems, and I would have a fan on the plant so it will tend to not go straight up, and get thicker stems. I hope this helps!

4. Some pics from today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Question: Should I wait for the roots to hit the soup before I LST her like this?

5. I suggest getting temps under control. Ideal temps should range 75-85 for ideal growth. I like to keep it a bit cooler. Anything outside that range slows the plants growth. I try to keep PH at 5.8. I found that since I upgraded my air pump the ph stays a bit more stable. At this point you plant looks to be on its last legs. Trim off the dead leaves and watch the plants closely and they can bounce back. I would almost replace them at the point you are to be honest. Using a fresh healthy clone will do better than the plant that you have already stressed out. Stressed plants are known to hermi and could have issues growing like it should be. Hang in there; cannabis has a good chance of surviving most issues if caught soon enough.

6. #26 YourAverageToker, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016

Whats funny is that I considered the pictures I posted to be one of the healthiest moments shes looked. I don't think anything is scarier than waking up/coming home to a plant with its roots drying out! I'm honestly waiting for the chiller as I think my only problems now are res temps, my girl just needs to survive until Saturday. I would have loved to start over from a fresh clone but I got this clone from HTCC plus its my favorite strain. I've also removed the dead leaves, thanks for the tip [​IMG]

7. Update!!

I'll only be posting pictures and answering questions until things start picking up over here. She seems to have taken well to the lst.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Week 2 day 4 update!!!!
    A root finally popped out the side of the netpot! Here are the pics for today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. #29 YourAverageToker, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    Week 2 Day 6:

PPM: 1009
    PH: 5.8
    Res change yesterday.
    Roots have grown about 2-3 inches since first appearing out the side. 3-4 more roots have popped out of the bottom of the pot. Luckily things seem to be running smooth over here after all of the stress I gave her in the beginning. She's taking well to the lst and I can't wait to start filling up the scrog.

My res is starting to smell like ammonia but I believe that's because of the voodoo juice. Water in res isn't cloudy and the roots are still white so I don't think its a problem at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Week 3 Day 2 Update:
    PPM: 1540

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I've been feeding her by taking readings off my ppm stick and adjusting from there. She was fimmed on Sunday and roots are about 8-12 inches into the soup. Lights on temps range from 75-85, usually staying around 80-85 mid day. Lights off temps stay around 75. I think its safe to say that she successfully bounced back :)

12. #32 YourAverageToker, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    12:50 PM:
    PPM = 1490
    Increased PPM to 1660, added additional 1 ml of voodoo juice.
    12:58 PM:

PPM = 1660
    Leaves show no signs of nute burn, I'm guessing shes a hungry one lol

13. I believe you are a little strong on the nutes......and if you can't keep the soup cooler, you are going to have more trouble down the road. I hope this helps

14. Veg Day 17 Update:

Had to fix a leak in my system so I did a res change and dropped the ppm.
    PPM: 1300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. What is your water temp?

16. My water temps range from 22-25°C. The chiller I bought off ebay doesn't work that well :\\

17. #37 YourAverageToker, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
    Veg Day 18 Update:
    The PPM dropped pretty fast after the res change so I bumped her back up to around 1500. Since the PPM is more stable I take it she is responding well.
    [​IMG]

If you noticed on my update yesterday I refimmed my plant. I think when I fimmed her on sunday I just ripped off the leaves and I didn't disrupt the main cola. As you can see, now the growth nodes are really taking off and the canopy is evening out [​IMG]

18. I'm assuming I have about two weeks left of veg and I want to be prepared for bloom. I'm going to try and make a carbon filter soon and see how it changes my environment if I were to run it.

19. Veg Day 25 Update:
    PPM: 1520

Still haven't finished my air scrubber and I've decided to fill up my whole scrog before flipping. I know most guides say to flip at 80% but I figured I have enough height for it (6'7).

Question: Should I continue to lst my plant like so OR should I remove my ties and drop my scrog on top of the plant to lst her?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. #40 YourAverageToker, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Veg Day 28 Update:
    PPM: 1600

I'm guessing the LST "worked" because when I removed my ties my plant stayed horizontal. Either way I placed my scrog on top and adjusted my light to about 16 inches from the canopy. I believe I over-compensated for when I burned my plant a bit in the beginning and left my light way too high. Now that the light intensity is up I'm expecting faster growth. I know my ppm seems high but my plant shows no signs of burning at all, it is worth mentioning that my res is live from the voodoo juice.
    [​IMG]