My first grow - Autoflower Afghan Feminized, help?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ithinkigonedumb, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Raise the light up a bit to help with temps, considering the new seedling. Maybe like 18- 20 inches. Even 24 if that what it takes. You're at 81 degrees at the bottom of the tent. I would move your temp gauge closer to where the plant is to get the best reading of temps on your seedling. Try to keep things in the 70s. Humidity Looks great. That mars reflector is going to rock in that tent man

2. #22 ithinkigonedumb, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016

Thanks I just raised it to 18 inches and moved the temp gauge

3. Careful when watering too. Those 5 gallon buckets are a bit big for your plants right now and there is a high risk of over watering. Water based on the size of the plant, not the bucket. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. thanks, ill keep that in mind, the second seed i was trying to germ. dried out last night so i tossed it and ill be sticking with the 1 plant for my first grow, I gave her a little water yesterday after i put it in the smartpot. I will post some pics later when the timer kicks on the light, if shes popped up out of the soil yet [​IMG]

5. Whats up guys? look who popped her head out of the soil last night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. sweet what's the life expectancy on this auto?

7. here is the info on the auto afghan feminized as it is on the site I bought the seeds from
    Type :
    Ruderalis X Indica X Sativa
    Climate :
    Indoor / Outdoor
    Yield :
    High
    Height :
    50-100 cm
    Flowering :
    4-8 weeks
    Stone :
    Stoned-Indica Buzz
    THC level :
    10-15%
    Grow :
    Easy

8. So ill give it a week or two and then kick on the bloom switch as well right?

9. I agree with Ryan good input. Nice setup so far though. I grab a seat early.

10. Thanks micro, glad to have you here

Just an update this will be day 3 from soil i just gave her a little water when the light came on
    1453925844385.jpg 1453925860973.jpg

11. Day 4, thought id get some clear pics before the light comes on, new sets of leaves on top coming in, ordered a ph meter and some calmag should be here within the next week
    1454009339939.jpg 1454009351030.jpg

12. I like when I click on those pics and its zoomed in and the stem already looks frosty and the leaves too! [​IMG]

13. #33 ithinkigonedumb, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    Day 6, the calmag and ph meter arrived here earlier than expected. Honestly I'm happy I have gotten this far. She`s looking good, still only have the veg light on. Tomorrow will be day 7 should i flip on the bloom switch as well? Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. hold off on doubling the light. Maybe once your plant gets well into week 2. Then go for it. Just be mindful of temps once you are running full power.
    Looking good so far

15. ok thankyou ill hold off for another week or so before I turn on the bloom, getting very excited [​IMG]

16. #36 ithinkigonedumb, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    Day 8[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Is it true hmif he cuts them on now he can stretch them?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. no. They wouldn't stretch. There just isn't a reason to run all that light/energy while the plant is still small.

Looking great so far steveo

19. #39 ithinkigonedumb, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Thanks Ryan, this is day 10, i like the way shes looking when I click on these pics, its zoomed in and if you use the scroll bars on the bottom and side of the screen, instead of keyboard control arrows (will change pictures), you can really see the detail/ like the hairy stem and the shine off the leaves [​IMG]

1454529624541.jpg 1454529661313.jpg 1454529713074.jpg

20. #40 ithinkigonedumb, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Day 13 from popping out of soil. I still havent turned on the bloom, shes about 3 inches tall almost 1454781604892.jpg 1454781631790.jpg