Red stems

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by wavo, Jan 20, 2016.

1. My seedlings are starting to get red stems . everything is ok .Water 5.5ph. 25 degrees day 20 night .What could be the problem. Please advise. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Good be genetics or a nitrogen or phosphorus def. Is the rest of the plant healthy?

3. There just seedlings .second set of leaves about to appear . There about a week old , other than red/purple stems they seem healthy enough. Thanks for reply.

4. [​IMG]

5. Might want to do something about your lighting. Those are pretty stretched. Either not enough light or too far away so they're stretching to reach it. When they're ready for a transplant you can bury the stem some

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I would say those could use a small feeding, like 200ppm of N and P. There will be next to no nutrients in that growth medium so you'll have to feed like you would in hydro.

7. I would transplant them. When you do, you should bury them to about 1/2inch to the bottom of the cotyledons leaves.

8. Did u pre treat your coco at all? I used to see my plants health/growth was limited when i didnt pretreat with light nutes until i get a clear runoff with the correct ph

Sent from my SM-G361F using Grasscity Forum mobile app