Help me construct my 3000w grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cannacon01, Jan 19, 2016.

1. I'm moving to Colorado in a few months and after doing some research I've decided to build a 3000w room. My plan is to do this in a 6x8x8 space. This gives me 48 sq ft which will average 62.5 watts/square foot.

My main concern is what will be the best route as far as fans and filters. If anyone with experience can help me with this aspect it would be greatly appreciated.

2. 6x8x8 you will need an 8" diameter ducting, and a larger size filter about 2 feet long should do.

3. and I'm recommending this to everyone, dont go just led or just hid, blend em. doesnt matter what led brand you choose, try 2 1000W hids and 3 or 4 leds 300-400W models to even the spread. :)

4. if building room from scratch what I did was framed in and outside walls. I then hung and placed verything were I wanted it and then I ran wire with outlet boxes, duct work for ventalation etc. I then took everything down amd.covered the walls with wood cut the holes and install 1/2 plywood to the walls and 5/8 plywood to ceiling.. I used Woodmont can mount shit any were with no problems. My fliter I hung from the ceiling and had an elbow on fan to blow air down.

5. What growing medium are you going to go with?

6. #6 anzohaze, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    so a 6x6x8= 288sqft round to 300 sqft you want to be able to filter all air once atleast every 3 minutes for optimal smell control. You also don't want to max out filter as it will get old and.loose scrubbing ability. I would get atleast 500cfm filter with a 250-300 cfm fan. The room would be scrubbed every minute and the filter is only.working 60-70%

7. 288 cubic feet, not square feet. Also a 300 cfm fan wold only turn a 288 cubic foot grow just over 1x a minute, not 3 times.

Op.... this is in feet. Length X width X height = cubic feet. Most people turn that over 3-5 times a minute. I do 5x so lets use that as an example. Take the cubic feet X 5= minimum cfm for a fan to turn the grow over 5 times a minute.

Lots of us take that even 1 step further and double that and add a speed controller . Having a larger fan gives you extra control. Plus a larger fan turned down is quiter then a small fan in full blast. As far as the filter, don't skimp. Buy a quality filter so it works and you don't have to buy another one. The filter needs to be rated slightly higher then the fan so it can handle the amount of air being pushed through

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 anzohaze, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    5 x a minute so he needs a 1500cfm filter lol that's crazy dude. I was taught scrub air atleast one time every 3.minutes. I overkill everything and had way more filter then room and no prob with smells.

9. Like I said some do 3-5 times. So fine do 3

288x3= 864

Not 300

10. By the way we overkill it for additional co2 not just smell. There is nothing wrong at all by going even higher

11. here's the problem bro. You were taught wrong. Should be turning the air over 3 times a minute....not 1 time every 3 minutes. Doing it your way isn't helping keep a fresh supply of co2 to your ladies. Bump that up to 3 times a minute and you'll see increased growth and vigor. Over powered fans act like the "poor man's" co2 enrichment, for lack of better words. Plants can handle more co2 then our environment can supply. An underpowered fan only turning a grow over once every 3 minutes isn't helping that.

12. fresh supply....did I miss were he said vented room or sealed room. I ran sealed room c02 burner etc. Never had no problems with c02.

13. I'm not saying he's running a sealed room....never mind man 3 times a minute minimum is repeated over and over thread after thread on GC. Once every 3 minutes is not allowing your plants to grow to potential. They'll grow but they'll grow better with better air flow and more co2.....look it up man you were mis lead

14. I grew in sealed room I supplied c02 1500ppm in rols soil. I. Itnsyaykng.your wrong. UT your trying to say facts when the op never mentioned sealed room or vented room. Its.ok i will say you won I don't need to compete. When I supply every thing a plants needs so I dont.miss out on fresh c02 or etc

15. Never mind bud you brought up sealed rooms. Take it easy bro

16. Did he say sealed room or vented room I did nott see were he said one or the other. Ihe asked for him and gave him my situation bro ain't no body wrong your fresh room is different then my sealed room you assumed fresh air and I assumed.sealed. no. BIggie dude

17. Lol...OK have a good one.

18. Was anyone else having trouble reading what be was saying

19. I've actually decided to bump this up to a 4000w grow. This will not be a sealed room. It will be in a 8x10x8 space with 4 1k HPS. I would like to add LEDs at some point when I can afford it. That's 80 sq feet leaving the grow at 50w/sq ft. It comes out to 640 cubic feet. What would be a good CFM for my filter and fan?

I will be doing half of the plants with coco coir and half with fox farm, at least for the first grow to see which I prefer. All with roots nutes.